ACT Fiber: Monitor Download Bandwidth by LAN IP Address

Hi,

For no reason at all my account on ACT Fiber shows up that I have consumed 80GB in 20 days. I have immediately reset the wifi password and removed access to all the mobiles, tabs and laptops at home. I have enabled only 2 mobiles, 1 tab and one laptop with wifi access. Yet in the next 7 days my usage has jumped up by another 30 GB. There is no way this can happen unless there is a rogue program in one of my devices that keeps downloading data. Mind you, ACT fiber only accounts for downloads and uploads are uncapped. It is hard for me to believe that I have consumed 110 GB out of my quota of 100 GB in 27 days. My usual consumption is around 25 GB per month.

Here's where I need your help.

I am using TP-Link WR1043ND router. Does using DD-WRT enable me to monitor the bandwidth (download only) by LAN IP address over a predefined date range. I basically want to measure the bandwidth consumed by each device at home starting 1st of every month. Is this possible?

I faced similar issues twice with ACT and started using a software called Networkx .You can monitor your network usage stats with different intervals and dial up sessions.

Sabby, thawfu66 - Where are you from? I am from Hyderabad. Is this all over India or just Hyderabad?

sabby - I need the monitoring at Router level based on LAN IP. I see that DD-WRT support monthly reports but I am not sure if it can do it at LAN IP level.

As a fellow ACT user, I think this was discussed earlier in this forum or on some other forum, "ACT's download usage data runs faster than an auto-rickshaw meter."

I can never get to correlate ACT's data usage and my personal data usage.

Back