Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

Just saw their updated plans, sad to see they have also gone the Failtel route when it comes to speed post your FUP limit.
I see no reason now to move to this, since Airtel is more reliable. I think Atria just dug their own grave.

Been using for last 2 months and speed is good, but as @Superbad said, 50GB will be over for me in 3 weeks, and for last 1 week i am stuck up with 512Kbps.

I don't know the concept of FUP's by these guys. 10Mbps to 1Mbps is good, but 512 Kbps, seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire ACT plans are pro rata basis. They charge based on the number of days but not based on data What did i mean?

Suppose you took an ACT plan of 15 MBPS 50 GB for one month. They charge you 1000/- So if you use the same plan for 15 days you will be charged 500. the thing is you get 50 GB for 15 days. Now upgrade to next plan and use it for 15 days. Say the new plan is for 1200 /- for one month and you get 60 GB. So if you use this you will be charged 600 for remaining 15 days but you will get complete 60 GB. So for a total of 1100/- you will get 110 GB of data.

Only down side is you need to call on last date of every month to downgrade to previous plan. Upgrading a plan will take 10 mins via customer care. Downgrading will take one day though. So drop a mail to ACT on last date of every month. Repeat this every month.

I am not sure if i made myself clear or not. I have attached the bill for reference.

W61m29o.png

The entire ACT plans are pro rata basis. They charge based on the number of days but not based on data What did i mean?
Suppose you took an ACT plan of 15 MBPS 50 GB for one month. They charge you 1000/- So if you use the same plan for 15 days you will be charged 500. the thing is you get 50 GB for 15 days. Now upgrade to next plan and use it for 15 days. Say the new plan is for 1200 /- for one month and you get 60 GB. So if you use this you will be charged 600 for remaining 15 days but you will get complete 60 GB. So for a total of 1100/- you will get 110 GB of data.
Looks like you have found a loop hole in their service.... good..... njoy....
Many ISP have a commitment period of atleast 1 month which may prevent such things ...

Looks like you have found a loop hole in their service.... good..... njoy....
Many ISP have a commitment period of atleast 1 month which may prevent such things ...

And this loop hole was marketed by ACT guy himself. he called middle of the month and said for remaining Post FUP period pay 154 extra i will give you 60GB with 25MBPS speeds. he just put all this in different way. marketing ,you see..

They charge based on the number of days but I think they also calculate the data based on the number of the days.

nope data is not based on number of days. I took this connection middle of the month in dec 2012. For 6 days they charged around 230. I download 50 GB in 4 days:p. For remaininng 2 days i been FUPed. Also last month i download more than 110 GB in 27 days. been FUPed for 3 days.

is anyone using ACT broadband 15mbps plan here in bangalore???...i need a screenshot for 15mbps plan where i can see the upload speeds...is it 1:1 ratio??? plz anyone?

Hey guys ! To the early subscribers, did they stop the corporate discount ? In this month's bill, they have not calculated corporate discount. When I was called by the guy who collects bill, he said that according to his manager, corporate discount has been discontinued. Is it true ?

EDIT: Never mind, the issue got resolved. Turns out the local bill collector/mgr was trying to fool me to avoid hassle to talk to their superior.

I got a mail saying that they have started their service in my area. Can I trust them enough to take a connection? How reliable are they? The plans they have sent by mail are:

0GV3P09.jpg

@blkrb0t Yep. They are reliable. I've been using their service for the past 1.5 yrs. Pretty good service. Can't remember any downtime. There was a problem with my bill regarding the corporate discount, probably because of temp suspension request. I mailed them a couple of times and didn't pay the amount for over 2 months. Now they've rectified the bill and didn't cause any problem to my connection during this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back