Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

I'm getting ACT broadband installed this week at my place, and wanted to know if I needed a new wifi router for the same. I currently have a Teracom wifi+adsl2 modem/router (T2B-Gawv1.4u10...), which seems to do its job pretty well. I was wondering if I could use the same as a router for my ACT connection. The FTTH box is going to be setup in the building and an RJ45 comes into my house (right?). Could I know what routers you guys are using?

I'm in heaven with this connection !!
<

One my friends wants to shift to my area just because of this connection!
<

I'm getting ACT broadband installed this week at my place, and wanted to know if I needed a new wifi router for the same. I currently have a Teracom wifi+adsl2 modem/router (T2B-Gawv1.4u10...), which seems to do its job pretty well. I was wondering if I could use the same as a router for my ACT connection. The FTTH box is going to be setup in the building and an RJ45 comes into my house (right?). Could I know what routers you guys are using?

i think if you have a modem+router then you dont need to worry about the compatibility since the same can be used for ACT as well.

It's not available in Jayanagar area. I'm searching for an alternate broadband, getting frustrated with BSNL.

You can go with BBNL.. Its available in Jayanagar area.. Heard its kinda good and no FUP
<

From their site:

This service is now being offered in North part of Bangalore, Anandnagar, Hebbal, Ganganagar, RT Nagar, Sulthan Palya, Sanjay Nagar, Rahmath Nagar, Mathikere, RMV extension. Vijayanagar, Yeshwanthpur, Jayanagar 4th Block,Arekere, IIM surroundings, Yelahanka, Hsr Layout, Bommanahalli, Electronic city surroundings

#[member='sabby'] the market is not yet matured as Uk nor india has fiber network like them. Indeed some isp's are trying to offer high bandwidth plans at affordable prices like beam,act,5net,bbnl. While companies like Craptel still feel Some 30gb is enough for users and still if you want to use do it @256kbps. Indeed they are digging their own graves. RIP craptel. It's time you leave the market or die

What i find curious is where have these cable wallahs suddenly managed to get all this bandwidth from ?

Wholesale bandwidth prices must have dropped recently.

You must be seriously kidding. The bandwidth have got cheaper long back. And mind you ACT Is not a cable waalah. They run Beam fiber. If you are not enough knowledged gather back some info and join us.

You seem to be loyal fan of airtel. Even they can provide 2mbps unlimited even for a price of 1200. They wont do it simple. Milk the customer, run business with high profits invest in other countries.

That is another lame excuse given by the ISPs. The userbase in the cities are much more than that of UK etc IMO. Even in the villages, the numbers of consumers is growing fast.

Guys. How many of you from Indiranagar (or close-by) area? The engineer will come over tomorrow and fix the connection. So please answer the following questions for me?

1. When did you get it?

2. What plan have you gone for @ what tariff? (5mbps or 10mbps)

3. Any major problem? (If yes, then what was it and how long it took for these guys to fix it?)

4. Any hidden cost?

5. I do a lot of work over Skype. Any connection drops?

6. Where is the closest billing centre? (Do they have a cheque pick up facility?)

Cheers,

D

Guys. How many of you from Indiranagar (or close-by) area? The engineer will come over tomorrow and fix the connection. So please answer the following questions for me?

1. When did you get it?

A: Jan 12

2. What plan have you gone for @ what tariff? (5mbps or 10mbps)

Highest one, 10MBPS/ 75 GB

3. Any major problem? (If yes, then what was it and how long it took for these guys to fix it?)

It had died twice till now, but the service guy came after an hour after I called them. The CC is good. And they don't transfer call from one dept to another. Just call them and they already have your details ready (using your mobile number)

4. Any hidden cost?

Nope.

5. I do a lot of work over Skype. Any connection drops?

Nope. Although between 12-1 am I have notice that the connection dies for 30-60 seconds . But apart from that no drops.

6. Where is the closest billing centre? (Do they have a cheque pick up facility?)

They have cheque pickup facility. I pay through online payment though.

Cheers,

D

And don't forget to avail the 10% off for Corporate Discount.

Hope it helps.

Thanks eggman. I was a little vary about it because on the other forum (broadbandforum) there is a thread about fibre cut and all happening by competitors, bbmp and bescom in Indiranagar. Suffered from this?

Also, what is the net amount you paid for installation and monthly bill (including taxes)?

Thanks eggman. I was a little vary about it because on the other forum (broadbandforum) there is a thread about fibre cut and all happening by competitors, bbmp and bescom in Indiranagar. Suffered from this?

Don't Believe BS from that forum. All Fake Reviews are out there. It's True that Indiranagar Area Suffered Fiber cut and They took 3Days to Restore the connection. Now its fine and it seems they have got a dual backup system one goes the other kicks in. Eggman you should be telling us whether he has suffered from fiber cut in past days?

TE Members are here to help you
<

Don't Believe BS from that forum. All Fake Reviews are out there. It's True that Indiranagar Area Suffered Fiber cut and They took 3Days to Restore the connection. Now its fine and it seems they have got a dual backup system one goes the other kicks in. Eggman you should be telling us whether he has suffered from fiber cut in past days?

TE Members are here to help you
happy19.gif

Also, what is the net amount you paid for installation and monthly bill (including taxes)?

Installation was 500 and monthly I pay Rs. 1299 . If you pay for three months in advance, then installation becomes free. But I didn't go for it because the reviews were bad and the plans were too good to be true.

I had got a 10% corporate discount, so the tax is knocked off. Without it I guess you will have to pay 10% more.

You basically have to give a proof that you are working somewhere.

About fiber cut, on the 2nd downtime the Service guys came around 6pm and checked for an hour here and there and they did say that there is a fiber cut in some adjacent building. They said that your net will be restored that day or next morning. And it was restored withing 2 hours.

That was sometime in April and there has been no downtime since.

I don't know if it was a fiber cut be some competitors or not, but the net was restored after 3 hours of my complaint. I was very impressed.

And since there has been no downtime since, I would like to believe it was a genuine cut rather than some mischievous activity.

And yeah, the net stays on even if the power goes in your area. Awesome
<

And since there has been no downtime since, I would like to believe it was a genuine cut rather than some mischievous activity.

And yeah, the net stays on even if the power goes in your area. Awesome
<

Thanks dude! Going for it. Hope the happy gaming days are back again. *touchwood*
<

BTW. Is there a dc++ or any other alternative wit ACT.

How are pings for gaming with this connection? I have Airtel and luckily I'm still on a pre FUP plan, but my cousin who took a connection after me is on a 15 GB FUP and is fed up, so he was thinking of going for this.

I applied on their website about a month back, got an email saying we will contact you shortly, didnt hear from them. Was a bit lazy and busy with other things so didnt try calling them myself. Guess i should try that, but i expect a company to be more proactive in the first place. And their corporate office is like a kilometre from my house!

Back