Adani group, an Evil corp?

Which FII investors are pulling their money and going where exactly - Dont think there is any other place on Earth that gives them better opportunity to invest billions with such growth potential
available in public domain.
1723455724470.png

Strange language:
'The firm also called for a full, transparent, and public investigation into these issues, citing Buch’s promise of a “commitment to complete transparency.”'

Is this really coming from an American firm or is some local business rival using Hindenberg as a front end? Remember the Mauha/Hiranandani case.

Strange language:
'The firm also called for a full, transparent, and public investigation into these issues, citing Buch’s promise of a “commitment to complete transparency.”'

Is this really coming from an American firm or is some local business rival using Hindenberg as a front end? Remember the Mauha/Hiranandani case.

Yes, but that is far far less important. If my enemy is paying a professor to teach me important things I don't know, I'm not wasting time investigating the sources of funds of the professor. Especially if the teachings are proving true immediately.

Brilliant

Did you read his other tweets? All of them sound like low-blows directed at Modi and co. Prob a guju-vs-guju battle.

Here is another gem from this gentleman's (Mar 25th) :)

"To those who ask, “If not Modi who?” I respond: “Even a lamppost will be acceptable! At least it will not destroy India”."

Is it that difficult to find a sane commentator on this issue?

Last edited:
Did you read his other tweets? All of them sound like low-blows directed at Modi and co. Prob a guju-vs-guju battle.

Here is another gem from this gentleman's (Mar 25th) :)

"To those who ask, “If not Modi who?” I respond: “Even a lamppost will be acceptable! At least it will not destroy India”."

Is it that difficult to find a sane commentator on this issue?

Nah. Randomly showed in my timeline. Honestly, how does it matter if he’s pro or anti Modi or what his other tweets say ?
As it is, X is filled with either side extremism, so not surprised.

Off course the per capita number is small even adjusted for purchasing power, but it doesn't nullify the fact that the economy is too large in total to be derailed by one corporation facing scrutiny, or for that matter failing (although failure is not my base case). That is particularly true because a lot of Adani group's debt is from foreign lenders, so their credit risk is not entirely on Indian banks/Mutual Funds.

The US will provide $553 million in financing for a port terminal in Sri Lanka’s capital being developed by Indian billionaire Gautam Adani, as New Delhi and Washington look to curtail China’s influence in South Asia. https://www.livemint.com/industry/u...counter-china-s-influence-11699415179739.html

U.S. DFC will Finance Adani. UDFC run by US State Government. https://infra.economictimes.indiati...3million-to-adanis-colombo-terminal/105049223

When asked about the DFC’s decision to invest in a project led by the Adani Group, tainted by serious corruption allegations this year [Hindenburg report in January 2023 and the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project’s findings in August], the top official appeared to underplay the allegations. “I don’t think Adani Ports, the subsidiary, was implicated in any of the allegations you mention,” Mr. Nathan told a group of foreign correspondents on the sidelines of the event.

The United States and the DFC, he said, are “committed to high standards that includes transparency and due diligence of partners.” https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/adanis-sri-lanka-port-terminal-project-to-get-funding-from-us-government/article67512233.ece#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20International%20Development%20Finance%20Corporation%20(DFC)%20has%20announced%20a,largest%20con%20in%20corporate%20history%E2%80%9D.

I don't know if Buch is involved or not.

But the trend everywhere, is to implicate the refree as soon as possible. The moment the 'chor' is uttered a purported media trial begins and unlike in judicial courts, in media you are guilty until proven innocent. It's a classic diversion and delay tactics.

By the time we find who really did it...the culprit is already long gone with the money beyond the reach of any law enforcement.

There is no way Adani is innocent I think. But at that level and scale I don't think any business man is. They all do shady stuff. You are only guilty if you get caught.

Billionaire Gautam Adani’s flagship Adani Enterprises Ltd could launch its maiden public offer of non-convertible debentures (NCD) this month, maybe as early as next week, to raise Rs 600 crore from the public, people familiar with the matter said.

Adani Enterprises’ plan to raise equity capital of $1.5-2 billion is also at an advanced stage, and a qualified institutional placement (QIP) offering is likely to be launched in the first half of September, the people cited above said, requesting anonymity. https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...is-month-qip-in-early-september-12796583.html

Back