Adobe CS5 + Adobe CS6

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
Yes you can. Do remember, if you are using an updated version, that version would be backward compatible. So, with CS6, you can open CS5 files.

joydeepm08

Disciple
Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai, India
thanks guys, the reason I m doing that is they changed a lot of stuff in CS6. Untill I can get familiar with the changes I need CS5 to continue my projects.
thanks for the replies :)

jimmyhelu12

Recruit
Sep 23, 2012
Won't be any issues at all. Dreamweaver doesn't require the cross program compatibility that Illustrator and Photoshop(or any of the other graphic editing programs) require. The only interaction the Dreamweaver and the other programs have is direct importing, which imports the completed file(image, flash, etc), not any raw files. I haven't ever ran different versions on the same machine, but here in the office we have different versions on different PC's with no issues(even PC to Mac doesn't cause any issues).

joydeepm08

Disciple
Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai, India
Hi Joydeep,
Ya adobe cs6 has made a lot of changes in their newest version which takes a little time to understand.
You can definitely install both the versions in same pc. .

But you need to have a lot of CPU power in running CS6
so check on that!!!!!

Won't be any issues at all. Dreamweaver doesn't require the cross program compatibility that Illustrator and Photoshop(or any of the other graphic editing programs) require. The only interaction the Dreamweaver and the other programs have is direct importing, which imports the completed file(image, flash, etc), not any raw files. I haven't ever ran different versions on the same machine, but here in the office we have different versions on different PC's with no issues(even PC to Mac doesn't cause any issues).

thanks guys. already installed both...working fine as of now.