Budget 51-70k Advice for 4K PC

ssra

Disciple
Planning to upgrade, plz help in deciding.
Not sure to wait for AMD or go with Intel
  1. What is your budget?
    • around 70 -> Updated to 100k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core i5 7600
    • Motherboard - gigabyte b250m-ds3h-cf
    • GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • RAM - 16GB
    • Monitor - LG 4K
    • PSU - Corsair 450W
    • liquid CPU cooler
    • Corsair 240 case
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Lg 4K
    • HDD/SSD
    • GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti -> will be upgrading this now
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD(AMD Ryzen 7 2700 )/Intel ? (preferably 65w TDP)
    • Motherboard - Micro ATX-preferably Gigabyte
    • GPU - ?
    • RAM - 32GB
    • PSU - 550W ?
    • CPU liquid cooler
    • Case: Cooler Master Q300L/ Corsair 240
    • GFX - (later stage, Budget < 25k)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Development (Visual studio)
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching 4K movies
    • Virtual Images PC
    • Occasional Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - 4k: AOE 3, SUPCOM , HALO
    • Racing - Not interested
    • Action - FHD: HALO, Titan fall, Horizon zero Dawn
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 4K/FHD
    2. Desktop - 4K
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux
Shortlisted
Intel: Core i5-10600, ASUS Prime H410M-E LGA1200
AMD:

Last edited:
To play @ 4k, you will need one of the highend card, something like 3070.
As for CPU, you can get away with Ryzen 5 or i5. At least that's what you can fit in this budget.
Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 10600k or Ryzen 5 5600X. Go for the one your budget allows. My choice would be one of the Ryzen. 19k - 27k
B450 Pro4 or B550M Pro VDH board. 8k - 12k
Your 450w PSU won't be good enough for 4K capable GPU, you would need something like 650/750w Gold rated PSU. That would cost about 8k at least.
If your existing memory sticks are 2133/2400mhz, better sell them and get new memory kits. Go for 3200/3400mhz sticks at least. 32GB memory would cost about 12k.

4k gaming at 50k. shot answer not possible. even 3080 gets its hard to play at a decent framrate at that resolution. I mean if you want to enjoy on high frame rates. for 60fps its ok I suppose. the card itself cost 62k min.

To play @ 4k, you will need one of the highend card, something like 3070.
As for CPU, you can get away with Ryzen 5 or i5. At least that's what you can fit in this budget.
Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 10600k or Ryzen 5 5600X. Go for the one your budget allows. My choice would be one of the Ryzen. 19k - 27k
B450 Pro4 or B550M Pro VDH board. 8k - 12k
Your 450w PSU won't be good enough for 4K capable GPU, you would need something like 650/750w Gold rated PSU. That would cost about 8k at least.
If your existing memory sticks are 2133/2400mhz, better sell them and get new memory kits. Go for 3200/3400mhz sticks at least. 32GB memory would cost about 12k.
Thanks for quick replay.
I am going to retain only GFX/Monitor/HDD/SSD for now, rest will get new.
I play mostly RTS games , in the current config itself i could play all the games mentioned in top post.
recently I played Horizon - Zero, Titan fall. mostly in FHD.
Also need to have 32Gb RAM, that is another reason for upgrade.
currently shortlisted AMD Ryzen 7 2700, how is the stack cooler compared to Cooler Master liquid cooler?
Is the difference in cooling too much?
Till now, most of my builds are with Cooler Master liquid cooler.
Also do you recommend Asus or MSI MB over Gigabyte, how good is their warranty in Bangalore?

4k gaming at 50k. shot answer not possible. even 3080 gets its hard to play at a decent framrate at that resolution. I mean if you want to enjoy on high frame rates. for 60fps its ok I suppose. the card itself cost 62k min.
Sorry for confusion, I play only RTS in 4k, action games in FHD. updated my post.
Currently only planing system without GFX, and later update GFX

Last edited:
I woudn't bother considering Ryzen 2000 series, for your case it's better to stick with Ryzen 3000 at least if not 5000 series.
Yeah, I got that from your opening post. You're not buying GPU now and the budget is excluding GPU which you will buy later.
Anyway, for 25k you can get upto 1660Ti. May be 2060 when you buy with some offers.
If you're getting new PSU, get 550w PSU. For 1660Ti, 450w should suffice.
Stock cooler is decent enough for non overclocking gaming build. But ofcourse liquid cooling is much better, since you already have one, you can use it.
Personally, as a brand I prefer Asus, Gigabyte then MSI/Asrock and in that order. But suggestions are based on price, availability, features, performance.

I woudn't bother considering Ryzen 2000 series, for your case it's better to stick with Ryzen 3000 at least if not 5000 series.
Yeah, I got that from your opening post. You're not buying GPU now and the budget is excluding GPU which you will buy later.
Anyway, for 25k you can get upto 1660Ti. May be 2060 when you buy with some offers.
If you're getting new PSU, get 550w PSU. For 1660Ti, 450w should suffice.
Stock cooler is decent enough for non overclocking gaming build. But ofcourse liquid cooling is much better, since you already have one, you can use it.
Personally, as a brand I prefer Asus, Gigabyte then MSI/Asrock and in that order. But suggestions are based on price, availability, features, performance.
Thanks I am out of sync from long time.
I selected AMD Ryzen 7 2700, by looking at 8 core and cheapest in 7 series.
yes most probaly i will go with Ti series.
btw is it good to wait for sometime for availability of 5600X?

Last edited:
Thanks I am out of sync from long time.
I selected AMD Ryzen 7 2700, by looking at 8 core and cheapest in 7 series.
yes most probaly i will go with Ti series.
btw is it good to wait for sometime for availability of 5600X?
You can try local shops, they may have 5600x in stock.
Of course, you can wait if you can't find it anywhere and not in a hurry.

how about Core i5-10600? compared to 5600x? it cheaper and looks to be between 3600X and 5600X.
But not many motherboard options.

Last edited:
10600 is good, but just that 3600 is better value.
With Intel you will need to get more expensive Z series board just to run RAM @ higher frequency, else you will leave some performance on the table.

If I go with Ryzen 3600, then Can u plz recommend MB, A520 or B450?
I am not going to do OC but will be going to use 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM.
Searched few motherboard memory support sheets but most of them show listing till 8GB only and no listing from 16GB cards.
is it safe to use memory which is not listed in MB support page?
Also with out vega CPU support will be not be able to use display with display output in motherboard right?

Asrock B450 Pro 4 or if you're interested in 500 series, then B550M Pro VDH or B550M Pro 4.
They can't try and test every single RAM sticks available in the market. They list the ones they tested.
Yeah, it's okay to use the ones not listed in the support page. Just go with any popular brands.
3400/3600mhz costs about the same as 3200mhz, so go for higher frequency.
Yes, with 3600 you have to use dGPU to get display out. Display out ports available in the motherboard no use in this case.

Thanks a lot 3600 RAM looks to be better option.
If I am not going to do OC then, is it not better to go with A520 and use the money on better CPU may be 5600 or 3700?
Also in motherboard specification,
Support for DDR4 4266(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
Does this mean I have to OC to use 3600 RAM? may be change voltage?
10600 is good, but just that 3600 is better value.
With Intel you will need to get more expensive Z series board just to run RAM @ higher frequency, else you will leave some performance on the table.
Being an AMD fan All my builds till now are Intels, but this time hopefully may go for AMD

For an APU build, yeah A series board is okay. But for R5, I wouldn't skimp on that and you're not saving much here. Most of the A series board doesn't even have VRM heatsink, just two DIMM slots and top of the line A series board costs over 7k. B450/550 doesn't cost a lot compare to that.
No, you don't have to go hardcore there to run RAM @ higher frequency. If you're buying 3600mhz, just enable XMP profile that will get your memory sticks run @ 3600mhz.

Sorry I could not figure-out VRM heat-sink
Are you referring the square components near to CPU like in this,
or u are its ICs next to them with heatsinks like this,
there is also 1more prod covering top IC also
The first one costs almost half of rest
regarding MB with 4DIMMs, u means to say 4x8GB better than 16x2 right?

Also checked power calculators with Ryzon 3700X + 2080TI, it lists around 450W
overvison and cooler master recommend around 550W, But Asus recomends 600W PS, do you have any idea?
So is bronze sufficient or have to go with Gold?

Last edited:
Yeah, VRM heatsink is the one you see next to that square components (Choke) on top of transistor (MOSFET).
A520M DS3H costs about 6.5k
B550M Pro4 costs about 9.5k.

No not 4x8 is better than 2x16. But having 4 slots is useful.
For 2080Ti, go for 650w PSU.
Bronze, Gold, Titanium are all about quality. If you're gonna spend over 60-70k for GPU, why settle for Bronze go for Gold or better.

Sorry reg 2080ti, I jumped the gun. I will not be able to afford it. so will just stick to 1660ti or RX 5600 XT or 2060/ luck .
reg MB I did not understand, r u telling A520M DS3H is ok? or not to go for it?.
B550M Pro4 is from ASRock. is that fine? earlier u mentioned preference for MB in order of Asus and GB.
B550M Pro4 does not have heatsink for chips on top side of CPU, but the next one have them.
u r right about PSU, I think its better to go with little bit higher so that later If I go with better card

Last edited:
reg MB I did not understand, r u telling A520M DS3H is ok? or not to go for it?.
B550M Pro4 is from ASRock. is that fine? earlier u mentioned preference for MB in order of Asus and GB.
B550M Pro4 does not have heatsink for chips on top side of CPU, but the next one have them.
IMO, No. Not ok. When you have budget, I wouldn't bother looking at A series board.
Yes, that Asrock board is fine. Yes, as I said personally I prefer Asus over Asrock. But unavailability of good board at lower price point, I find Asrock better. (I end up going with MSI after I couldn't source any from Asus/Gigabyte in my budget after looking for about month). So it's kinda trade we gotta make. If you wanna stick with the brand choice, that's upto you.
Here is the snapshot of B550M Pro4, zoomed part is the heatsink.

gob16Ta.png

Thanks a lot. I am curious to know components u used.
Did u use any liquid cooler or default one given by AMD

The one I am using now is an APU.
Ryzen 3 2200G with stock cooler.
MSI B450M Pro VDH
2 x 4GB 2400mhz (Corsair Vengeance and Hyper X)
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB
CM MWE 450 Bronze V2
Corsair Spec 01

Hi How about Asus TUF Gaming A520M-Plus? It has heatsinks on VRM, but I am not able to find out if this is similar high Amps VRM which gigabyte advertises.
for Asrock B550M Pro4, only A2 slot supported with SR 3200 RAM? will it support 3600 RAM in all 4 channels?
Table shown in spec is confusing

Last edited:
Back