Video Advice for buying 29 inch CRT TV under 20K

RKitect

Disciple
Jun 10, 2005
Mumbai
Hello guys,
Pls suggest me a 29 inch CRT TV under 20 K
I have seen a few from Panasonic, Samsung and Sony.
Sony is a bit expensive.
Also pls let me know about Panasonic Tv's.

sharmapu

Adept
Dec 26, 2006
there was comparison between LG, samsung and philips 29inch in pcworld or chip!! don't remember which one.
philips: wins in every category!!! so my 2 cents just go for philips
sony : too much prices too less feature.

frankmehta

Adept
Nov 21, 2005
Mumbai, India
no doubt about the panasonic 29 incher...i bought mine about 2 years ago

that time too i weighed the same options you mentioned above!

and i compared them using the same channel in the same shop and the panasonic was miles and miles ahead of the competition

sound quality is good and the expansion options are also very good!

component connection works fabulously with my pioneer dv 366 and the whole experience of grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat picture and easy usability coupled with legendary fit and finish and build quality deem the panasonic with unparalleled superiority over the rest!!!!!!

i wouldnt mind doing a comprehensive review on the tv if enough no of ppl want me to

RKitect

Disciple
Jun 10, 2005
Mumbai
hey frank,

pls post a comprehensive review asap.

Also give ur opinions on the following panasonic tv
TC-29 FJ 20CU- Rs. 18,490(appx)
TC-29 FJ 70CA- Rs. 19,990(appx)
TC-29 FJ 75- Rs. 21,990(appx) (has PIP)

also suggest better models than the above if any.

thanks

techcheat

Adept
Jun 20, 2006
Here is what I would suggest.... go for LG slimfit or slim flat TV for 17k for 29".... reason is quite simple, CRT is an outdated technology and we would all be graduating to LCD very soon. Right now the LCD prices are at a premium but probably by next year end you could get a 32" LCD for 35-40k..... and a 28" one for probably 30k. With Blu Ray, HD TV etc aruond the corner your CRT's wont be able to keep up. So I suggest make the least investment right now on a stop gap arrangement of CRT, and than at least you wont feel the pinch when you go to a LCD TV in the near future. The more you spend now, the later you would go in for a LCD....
Your call to make!

frankmehta

Adept
Nov 21, 2005
Mumbai, India
ill post a review in a day or two...i think i have the first model uve mentioned here!!!!

warning: the pic qulaity of the first is better than the 3rd.....saw both of them and compared

apparently the first one has a better tuner than the other two(my dealer told me)

yusuf

Adept
Dec 13, 2006
Bangalore
If you plan to get LCD later, settle for one which is just decent and does not cost heavy on pocket. With this intention, I was looing for cheap 29" and Onida caught my attention for just 12K. Check it out.