Advice Needed for On-grid/Hybrid Solar Rooftop Installation

Have been renovating my house slowly for the past 3 months and was interested in shedding weight from the grid by having solar panels installed on the roof.

I've seen the solar panels listed on Anchor's website and was interested in knowing more but the download datasheet button does nothing. I could contact them but I am not very keen on dealing with them before making an informed decision.

Peak load I'd like to put on the system would be 2 2T ACs, fridge, TV and its associated media, 4 15W panel lights.

Many of the off-grid systems in India use tubular batteries and I am interested in exploring lithium-ion being inspired by Tesla PowerWall.

Please do share any experience or research gathered.

first, I'll suggest going with loom solar if you're going DIY, great quality and value for money (I have almost not used any other Indian based brand)
try to buy individual cells and make battery yourself by joining them according to your needs (have some trusty old contacts in Bangalore from whom I source almost all types of cells for my DIY projects)
then comes to the charge controller and inverter part which you'll estimate by the load of your house and capacity of your battery

any suggestions from any other member on this post are welcome here and if the Original Poster needs further help on the above-mentioned points, feel free to PM me, would love to help and elaborate in much more details, almost all the help that I could do without physically being present at your location

first, I'll suggest going with loom solar if you're going DIY, great quality and value for money (I have almost not used any other Indian based brand)
try to buy individual cells and make battery yourself by joining them according to your needs (have some trusty old contacts in Bangalore from whom I source almost all types of cells for my DIY projects)
then comes to the charge controller and inverter part which you'll estimate by the load of your house and capacity of your battery

any suggestions from any other member on this post are welcome here and if the Original Poster needs further help on the above-mentioned points, feel free to PM me, would love to help and elaborate in much more details, almost all the help that I could do without physically being present at your location
Hi, I've seen so much of Loom solar online, I got a little suspicious. How are their Shark 440W bifacial panels? Do you have any experience with them yourself?

What kind of prices are you getting for LiFEPO4 cells and are the sellers transparent in sharing the details of the cells?

Hi, I've seen so much of Loom solar online, I got a little suspicious. How are their Shark 440W bifacial panels? Do you have any experience with them yourself?
I have to check particularly about the efficiency and all of the shark model and can give you a report later down the line, but to be very honest (I'm certainly not associated with any brand of this) loom solar stuff is really worth almost every dime, very reliable, good support (what I've heard, haven't faced any issue that would require me reaching out to them yet), efficiency is almost as they promise that obviously depends on physical conditions, but they don't test their goods is extremely controlled environments so their numbers are always quite close to what they claim, having long manufacturing warranty and even longer efficiency guarantee is a definite plus
What kind of prices are you getting for LiFEPO4 cells and are the sellers transparent in sharing the details of the cells?
let me fetch the quotation I'll share them with you asap, yes they are pretty much transparent and executives are well knowledgeable about what they're selling not like some pre-written bookish answers, prices are a tiny bit on the higher side (something which is very much fair to be expected in India), they have ranges of li-ion 18650, 18700, prismatic, lifepo4, etc
There are some new solar panels with AC output instead of DC output from LOOM Solar. Do you have any Idea how it performs in the real world?
to be honest, I haven't tried any of those, but my quick guess is they might not be as efficient as traditional DC panels, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

I have to check particularly about the efficiency and all of the shark model and can give you a report later down the line, but to be very honest (I'm certainly not associated with any brand of this) loom solar stuff is really worth almost every dime, very reliable, good support (what I've heard, haven't faced any issue that would require me reaching out to them yet), efficiency is almost as they promise that obviously depends on physical conditions, but they don't test their goods is extremely controlled environments so their numbers are always quite close to what they claim, having long manufacturing warranty and even longer efficiency guarantee is a definite plus

let me fetch the quotation I'll share them with you asap, yes they are pretty much transparent and executives are well knowledgeable about what they're selling not like some pre-written bookish answers, prices are a tiny bit on the higher side (something which is very much fair to be expected in India), they have ranges of li-ion 18650, 18700, prismatic, lifepo4, etc

to be honest, I haven't tried any of those, but my quick guess is they might not be as efficient as traditional DC panels, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
How are you related to these guys? Im just curious :p

Can you tell me if I want a 10Kw solar rooftop (assume no shadow). How many of the largest size Bifacial panels I'd need? (shark 440w bifacial is the largest I think) Not considering back side generation.
And what does price per panel come to in Maharashtra?

How are you related to these guys? Im just curious :p
Was keen into electrics and electronics since I was a toddler; been into DIY electric, electronics, woodworking, iron working, smithing, and various other stuff for way over a decade now (all for a self hobby and fun rather than as the main profession)
Can you tell me if I want a 10Kw solar rooftop (assume no shadow). How many of the largest size Bifacial panels I'd need? (shark 440w bifacial is the largest I think) Not considering back side generation.
And what does price per panel come to in Maharashtra?
I would give some time to calculate and estimate certain factors before I give you any advice, so you don't get misguided or confused, for more precise and particular help we could go over to DM

Is there a device like charge controller cum Inverter so that I can use solar power without a battery when the sunlight is available. Want to DIY kind of thing with a single panel.

Is there a device like charge controller cum Inverter so that I can use solar power without a battery when the sunlight is available. Want to DIY kind of thing with a single panel.
You need a battery. You can get system which run without battery but those require lot of panels and a expensive inverter, you are looking at 1lakh plus for the setup.

Back