Advice Needed: Incredible S it should be ??

Name: HTC Incredible S

Rooting Status: Achieved.

Retail Price (@ Noida): Rs 26,500/-

I been seriously considering this as my next upgrade and reviews havent been disappointing.

My personal belief is that 4.0" screen is a tad more manageable than 4.3" .

A decent cam with flash suffice for my nagging urge. Battery is good too.

Loud Speaker on the phone is not brilliant but a definite upgrade from the one on Desire HD.

I ll prolly be purchasing this and would like to know if there is any point in holding on/waiting for any other good phone which might be in the pipeline.

Requirements:

Budget: 25k

Build Quality: Non plastic preferred.

Screen Size/Make: Should be good enough/Not crazy about AMOLEDs.

Memory: 4/8GB.

Audio output: Good

Vid Playback Compatibility: DivX/Xvid shd be there.

Cam: Good snapper. Flash is a must.

Battery Back up: Atleast should last through the day.

I know about the dual core phones but have finalized the budget to 25k and nothing more.

Atrix came close and univercell projects the approx cost as 27k. But the wait for dual core and then the quad core based phones is a perpetually dangling carrot.

Maybe by the year end market would be flooded with options, making this time period a bad one to purchase a phone but i do not want to to wait beyond April and dont believe those dual/tri/quad would be seeing some sort of settled line of development soon anyhow.

So final question:-

1) Any phone likely to appear in coming month or two to give Incredible S a beating vis a vis specs, and esp keeping in view my requirements?

2) Any idea when the prices just might fall in retail/online sites ?

Dont want a bummer in a day or two of purchasing and Incredible S has been in the retail mkt since abt 3 weeks.

3) Abt the Divx/Xvid playback requirement.. have tons of clips which i gen keep with me to watch on the go. They are old but still favorites. Plus i prefer to keep clippings in avi format. This req alone strikes out many other models.

Justified in today's time?

Back