Storage Solutions Advice needed on buying new 1 or 2 TB HDD

al.padrino

Recruit
Hi guys, need advice urgently. I have to buy a HDD but not sure if an internal one or an external one would be ideal because i already have one external HDD connected to my desktop PC. I have an internal 500 gb HDD and a seagate 320gb external HDD and both are just about full so i need to buy a new HDD. The external i use mostly to store media like music, movies, videos etc. but it's connected to the PC 24/7.

Will it be better to go for an internal or an external one and how would either of them affect the speed of my PC ? Will connecting 2 externals be a problem re : connectivity and also speed? I have 4 gb ram and i5-2400 CPU. Either way, please recommend a WD/seagate one preferably. :)

Last edited:
get an internal one dude, you get better warranty, its cheaper, its going to be connected 24/7 and you have a spare BAY .. this is an easy decision.

i prefer WD Greens for storage.. and yes get a 2GB, more cost efficient in INR/TB

cheers!

get an internal one dude, you get better warranty, its cheaper, its going to be connected 24/7 and you have a spare BAY .. this is an easy decision.

i prefer WD Greens for storage.. and yes get a 2GB, more cost efficient in INR/TB

cheers!

Thanx man, that sounds good. Internal it is then. Btw I've heard WD greens are slower than the blue ones but i've no experience with any WD. What about the black ones ? Worth the price ?

If its connected 24/7, then internal is the best choice. Btw, wd green are 5400rpm rather than 7200rpm. Its kinda slow for primary partition but good for only storing and frequent use, power economy. Go for 2tb or more.
If you want to store separately and on the move, external works well.

If its connected 24/7, then internal is the best choice. Btw, wd green are 5400rpm rather than 7200rpm. Its kinda slow for primary partition but good for only storing and frequent use, power economy. Go for 2tb or more.
If you want to store separately and on the move, external works well.

Okay thanks! I think i'll use it for primary partition and use this 500 gb one that i already have for secondary usage like storing media etc. So WD blue seems the best option, do they come in 2 TB too ? how about this deal ?
http://www.flipkart.com/wd-blue-wd10ezex-1-tb-internal-hard-drive/p/itmdhgfq4gzp72rw

What other good options are available if looking at 2 TB because ideally i would like to get a 2 TB one.

Back