OC & Modding Advice needed polishing/replacing Side Panel in Lancool PC K56W

Hi Guys,

I Own a Lancool PC K56W chasis with plexi glass side panel.

Problem started when the case came in, the plexi glass part had protective sticker on it, on removing the sticker there was residual adhesive remaining. This attracted Dirt/Dust ,upon cleaning it with mildly abrasive scrub, I scratched the surface, I tried using 1200grit sandpaper which further aggravated things.

I even dropped lancool support a mail that i could purchase a side panel if available but did not get any response.

now im out of ideas, any suggestions?

It can be polished but it'll require too much effort on this small piece. You'll need to buy different grades of polishes and a buffer.

I've been able to fix badly scratched acrylics/polycarbonates with car polish but those were small pieces.

You can buy a new sheet, cut to the size, from guys dealing in sheet glass/mirrors.

hmm.. this sheet currently is riveted, a new sheet would require drilling and the filleting too .. ill see locally if that is possible.

glass dealers can remove those rivets for you. you may have to buy a metal drill bit for them as they mostly use glass/ceramic bits. and don't use rivets again, if you plan to replace the sheet.

you can also get it buffed from car repair guys (denting/painting). they have power polishers and it's a 5 min job. but if you don't remove that sheet beforehand then you might get the metal case damaged in the process.

1. Its already too late but when you try to remove protective plastic covering always immediately remove any remaining adhesive. But you probably know that by now.
2. Rivets can easily be removed with drills. But you might need a little practice so as to not crack the acrylic.
3. Getting a custom acrylic sheet made is also pretty easy. You can also buy it from local acrylic dealers.

I also faced similar problem, applied white petrol and the side window became translucent, mine is a deepcool cab and they have agreed to ship replacement panel, in the meantime have applied Vaseline to side panel and it has brought back some of the transparency, you can try it if it brings back the transparency then next step would be buying a clear polish spray can and trying that should give a reasonably good finish, p.s dude have not tried the spray method but it should work, buy a can and use on small portion of a corner , if it works then good , also let me know how the spray thing works out if successful will try myself

Ordered for this Rotary polishing kit (I have a drill machine at home) will try this out .

Else will buy sheet and get something made .[DOUBLEPOST=1465968225][/DOUBLEPOST]suggest any buffing compound though? i will need to see something cheap locally .. amazon seems expensive atm

@iPwnz i used actuall glass , plexi glass sheets available at my local market were very very thin :( and would crack if not drilled carefully, Had tried 2-3 times , was not satidfied with the end result finish , glass is brittle (to an extent its more rigid structurally ) and can be dangerous when it shatters , but its extremely scratch resistant and has a really clean finish at the end.

ah, there might be a MacGyver way of solving this.

Do you still have the old plexi with adhesive attached? Just take a hair dryer and direct the hot air to adhesive. That should cause it to melt and allow you to clean it off with small cloth and some cleaning solution/water[DOUBLEPOST=1468178498][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, by using glass, did you notice any temp increase in case/gfx card/cpu?

In theory, glass takes little longer to cool down than plexi. Also, major risk having glass next to pc components. I hope the glass is toughened

Last edited:
Back