Advice on 40-42" LCD TV

well with the samsung am getting the Sun HD free along with 1 year subscription, was thinking of selling that off for 7-8k bringing down the effective price of the LCD, for a TV that will most of the time be running SD and not much use to start with at that, am apprehensive about spending that kind of cash, going today to finalise a deal, will take a second look and decide :D

Chaos said:
See if you can find the last few pieces of the Philips 9703. I got mine for 56k and honestly it kills every TV in that price range. Its not even close. You get 2 inches more, 100Hz, a 10 bit IPS panel supporting x.v wide color gamut with 2ms response and the best motion resolution in the business.

PS: Also has *amazing* sound for an LCD TV.
Where did you get this particular 9 series of philips from?

well the samsung is certainly a good deal with the SUN HD,but i doubt u can get 7k for the SUN HD,5k to 6k is possible since the SUN HD now costs 7.5k after exchange of old STB.
but i suggest u to keep it.

Chaos said:
This particular TV uses an ASV screen so black levels should be comparable to the Samsung or better if you get unlucky and land up with a Samsung that has a CMO panel.

PS: It also supports mkv/h.264 off a usb stick.

well it could either come with a ASV or a IPS panel its basicaly a lottery,only in the 40" version are one likely to get a panel based on ASV or AMVA.

blr_p said:
No idea, and yes before installation.

T's & C's would need to be consulted.

Apparently you get a scratch card kind of thing which will have a number, you need to call SUN DTH up and quote this number and they will come and install, why, you interested? :p

Ha! don't do telegu (under the impression Sun HD is mostly regional content)

I asked because if the person you sold it to got refused then you would be in a jam.

Going by your description above it would appear it does not matter.

^IINM the Sun DTH offer is valid for LCDs above the 37" range. I saw that being displayed at the Croma sometime back.

blr_p said:
Ha! don't do telegu (under the impression Sun HD is mostly regional content)

I asked because if the person you sold it to got refused then you would be in a jam.

Going by your description above it would appear it does not matter.

nah its not Telugu, its got seperate packages for one as metro south and one as just metro, in which the former has all the telugu channels

the STB is amazing though with hdmi port and native 16:9 aspect ratio, could not go today coz had other commitments, will go tomorrow and finalise

Picked up the 530 along with Sun DTH and 1 year subscription for 50k, thank you all for your inputs, installation not done yet, will try and post some pics when its done

Got the sun dth free with my 40 inch sammy.Sun DTH is garbage compared to tata sky.navigation is a pain in the a$$ Gonna throw it away as song as the free period ends.

^Huh? The DTH HD or the DTH? I thought the DTH HD had a good STB under their scheme with an HDMI out and that the STB was designed by Samsung themselves.

Back