Advice on buying. Nokia 5233 or 5230.

NikoBellick

Disciple
My mother has bought me a nokia 5233 priced Rs. 7480 two weeks earlier. Now after getting the mobile i found out that nokia 5230 has got 3g plus gps, these are the two things that i always wanted to have. Now i went to our local mobile shop. He agreed to swap 5233 with 5230 with a price of Rs. 3500. But i also came to know about some cons of 5230 , i heard that nokia has stopped the production of it because of some software problems. Now i am stuck in the middle of this and i want to hear advice from our community.

Mate 5230 is 7.6K inclusive of tax( as posted by Karthi) .Why are u ready to pay 3500 extra after surrendering ur 5233 :S

5233 is a stripped version of 5230.IIRC 5230 was stopped because it has hit the sales of 5800XM because both of them have almost similar specs.AFAIk there are no known problems with the 5230

The deal is a rip off. nokia has slashed the price of these two mobiles a day or so back

nokia 5233 ~ 6.7k (vat inclusive) --> univercell

nokia 5230 ~ 7.6k (vat inclusive) --> univercell

Sell the 5233 for ~5.5-5.8k and get the 5230 with just 2k more. There would be lot of takers in TE for the 5233 at 5.5k esp. if u can list it in ebay.

Edit: Metalspree beat me to it :p Small googling or a thread in TE would have save you some cash before buying the mob. As he says the 5230 is selling well in Europe.

^^ Dont think you can sell anything above 5.5k if u sell direct. Otherwise u can list on ebay for 5.8k or so. It will sell instantly. Wither way u get arnd 5.5k....spend another 2k , u get a spanking new Nokia 5230 :D

Metalspree said:
IIRC 5230 was stopped because it has hit the sales of 5800XM because both of them have almost similar specs.AFAIk there are no known problems with the 5230

+1 Absolutely right. M too using it ,no problems with it.
Decent 2mp camera. only drawback for me is its not a music express phone n wifi. But for the price what else one can expect.Its already overloaded with features. A delight at a cheap price.:hap2:

the shop has agreed to take it and give me 5230 at a cost of Rs.2500. What should i do. I still have time till monday coz i dont have the box and the box is comimg in courrier to my house. The shopkeeper says he wont take it unless i give him the box.

Go ahead and close the deal.

even if you sell it to someone, there will be courier charges and misc charges like packing etc. and you also have to be careful. It is better to deal with the shopkeeper that you know.

_

Back