Advice on WP7 device.. Budget - upto 20k

Guys,

Am planning to get a WP7 device in lieu of the upcoming Mango update. Requirements below. Please advice.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: LCD or better

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera or above with Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: WP7.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Heavy browsing (3-4hrs a day ), Music (3hrs a day), Ebook reading (around 4 hrs).

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC HD7, HTC HD7S, Samsung Focus

Is the HD7S available in India?? Would prefer EMI to pay. Reviews from Gsmarena suggests that the response time is poor in HD7 and there is ghosting on the screen. Can users of HD7 comment on this. Will this be a problem. HD7 is available for 17499 in Ebay which looks to me like a pretty decent price. Please advice.

Dhruv,

But wouldn't the Sea Ray have similar hardware as current 1st Gen WP7 devices like Focus?

My logic behind buying Focus - I am getting Focus in 10k, similar hardware (with a better camera of course ;) ) from Nokia will cost 20k+. Then they will come up with a true flagship in Q2-Q3 2012..some dual core / 1GB RAM / 12Mp with optical zoom (wishful thinking) etc.. having WP8 Apollo. So why invest 20k+ now? I can use Fous for a year and then switch to the real flagship of Nokia ;)

The HTC Mozart is the best of the WP7 phones available in India and incidentally also the cheapest. I wouldn't recommend the HD7, which too comes under you budget, because the display and camera quality is pretty horrible.

Back