Advice - soundbar under 6k

Looking for suggestion for a sound bar that I can use for both TV and PC, subwoofer has to be built into the soundbar, no dedicated subwoofer.
Main focus is on vocal audio quality.
Output ports required: HDMI, AUX optical (optional).
Can stretch the budget for something really good.

I don't have recommendations but I have some suggestions.
A) Stay away from boat. It is the worst brand ever. They make you listen to that nonsense "amigo you are connected to Nirvana" everytime and the bass is totally fake and artificial.
B) Stay away from dedicated sub woofer which you are already doing.
Any soundbar without a dedicated woofer should sound all right expect if it is boat.

I don't know if the OP has a space constraint for soundbars then only make sense. If no space constraint, please don't waste money on them. Get a proper HT setup. Even a pair of bookshelves will sound better. If budget is a constraint, look at Obage.
If space is a constraint, then there is not much difference across any of the Made in China soundbars. Get any within your budget and feature requirements.

I don't know if the OP has a space constraint for soundbars then only make sense. If no space constraint, please don't waste money on them. Get a proper HT setup. Even a pair of bookshelves will sound better. If budget is a constraint, look at Obage.
If space is a constraint, then there is not much difference across any of the Made in China soundbars. Get any within your budget and feature requirements.
soundbars are more aesthetically pleasing on a computer table and in front of the tv, I'm hoping to find a soundbar to meet my requirement.
I do not know how much of difference a home theater will make to vocal audio quality, only way to find out is by personal experience them side by side.

soundbars are more aesthetically pleasing on a computer table and in front of the tv, I'm hoping to find a soundbar to meet my requirement.
If you are going to prioritize aesthetics over SQ then I am out.
personal experience them side by side.
Then go get a demo preferably a closed room and not in the open like they always tend to give.
I personally have owned both - an Onkyo 5.1 HT (back home) and currently a Sony HT-Z9F due to space and other constraints in a rental accomodation. The Onkyo still blows the Sony out of the water when it comes to sound. The only situation where the Sony holds advantage is wireless connectivity and Atmos (which is simulated).

I see it more as a practicality than prioritizing aesthetics, it's much easier for me to move it from my living room (TV) to bedroom (PC) whereas it is much more time consuming to move a HT. Unless there isn't a soundbar that can meet my expectations, HT would be a second choice.

To be honest soundbar under 6k won't be good at all. I have a boat sound bar at my parents house and it's not good.
Try checking Edifier active speakers. They are much much better than soundbars

Exact 6K this soundbar from Samsung is a nice option if the user's requirement is nice clean audio. Recently got it during Independence Day Sale at exactly 5999/-.

The only minus here NO HDMI ARC which OP required.

Anyhow connected with FTV 4K Stick and ATV 4K 2nd Gen via BT Route and there are zero lipsyncing issues, Optical route is used for Mi Box 4 and there is no Lip Sync at all. My main usage is for watching News/documentaries from Youtube, Netflix, Prime, ATV+, and Hot T.

- Sound is Crystal Clear with Samsung's Surround DSP
- Bass Adjustment available which I turned to Zero for my requirements
- Comes with 2 Tweeter + 2 Oval Shape Speakers and one Bass port at the Back, No Passive radiator.

Looking for the MIVI Soundbar which says 100 watts (PMPO ?) but can't rely on them due to excessive negative feedback, So instead bought this one.

Last edited:
Exact 6K this soundbar from Samsung is a nice option if the user's requirement is nice clean audio. Recently got it during Independence Day Sale at exactly 5999/-.

Anyhow connected with FTV 4K Stick and ATV 4K 2nd Gen via BT Route and there are zero lipsyncing issues, Optical route is used for Mi Box 4 and there is no Lip Sync at all. My main usage is for watching News/documentaries from Youtube, Netflix, Prime, ATV+, and Hot T.

- Comes with 2 Tweeter + 2 Oval Shape Speakers and one Bass port at the Back, No Passive radiator.

Looking for the MIVI Soundbar which says 100 watts (PMPO ?) but can't rely on them due to excessive negative feedback, So instead bought this one.
How good is the bass? Is it existent?

How good is the bass? Is it existent?

The bass is Adequate and Plenty from this Wooden piece of Log, but it is nowhere near to anything with a dedicated subwoofer.

It is better if you get a demo from any Samsung Experience Zone, Carry your own content which you intended to use.

This thing will not generate Chest Thumping / Furniture vibrating Bass.

Clean up Audio from TV, STB, and Streaming Box with Normal / Balanced Sound - Sure...100%.

will check with Samsung stores close by if they have a demo unit. Can live without hdmi arc if audio is clear.
The bass is Adequate and Plenty from this Wooden piece of Log, but it is nowhere near to anything with a dedicated subwoofer.

It is better if you get a demo from any Samsung Experience Zone, Carry your own content which you intended to use.

This thing will not generate Chest Thumping / Furniture vibrating Bass.

Clean up Audio from TV, STB, and Streaming Box with Normal / Balanced Sound - Sure...100%.

don't really care about the bass, clear audio is important.

Is the audio enough for a tv in a small room or is it good only as a computer speaker?

Yes…it is more than enough for 12x12 room, Also It sound great if user seat at least 2 - 3 feet away (onward) from this, I think that is minimum distance of ”Surround” DSP to work which came Default ON out of the box…Also like to add (If anyone considering seriously) If the unit getting power from AC Socket - I think it is ON despite of user Turn OFF the Unit from the Remote, For prolong service life it is better to Switch OFF / Un Plug from the wall when not in use.

User Manual

Can live without hdmi arc if audio is clear.

don't really care about the bass, clear audio is important.

For absolute clean audio you may need to Turn Down Bass to Zero - For my usage News & Docu Series I don’t feel it is Bass Anemic even it set to Zero.

Last edited:
Back