Advise needed for good tws between 5k to 10k with all bells and whistles

Consider EarFun Air Pro 2. I used it for few months before handing them over to a family member. Used it with iPhone; ANC is decent; audio quality is good.

Samsung galaxy buds pro 2 is great option if not to be used in iphone.

And OnePlus buds pro 2 also equally good..

Don't think OnePlus buds pro 3 will make sense for that high price...

My recommend would be either the jabra 10 elite which on sale goes for 13k

Or the elite 8 active which goes for around 9k again on sale. The battery life on this one is exceptional as is the IP rating. I don't know when the next sale will be on amazon. So if you can wait it would be worth it.

Jabra is the best when it comes to all rounders. Except codecs. Only aac & sbc with the possibility of LC3 (low energy BT) via a firmware upgrade
why not momentum 3 in that price range?

why not momentum 3 in that price range?
Indeed why not?

Compare the Jabras for call quality with the momentum 3

And you wonder why aren't the senns better?

Same applies with ANC. As good as the buds FE which cost half as much.

All the senns have going for them is sound quality

Attachments

• Picky ANC list.png
    Picky ANC list.png
    938.9 KB · Views: 42
so for sound only senn and overall Jabra and others?
Here's another. Because the momentum 3 have a metallic body the BT range is truly crap

A third that of the Jabra Elite 10 :oops:

I've tested it around the house and its really good at nearly double the range of the samsung Buds live. Certain areas were off limits before not any more.

What impresses me is its further still than the Plantronics headphones i got some years back which had excellent range.

ah nice, I'll probably grab a new pair next year so this helps, a pity Jabra is leaving TWS, will either buy a sony or senn for sound quality
They have a gen 2 coming out. No idea if it will make it to India or whether the price will be attractive

So what i can gather with the discussion is that I can look for
1.. Jabra elite (which are out of budget)
2.. One plus buds 3 pro (not yet launched)
3. Sound core liberty 4 NC by anker ( well within budget and I can say soundcore has great reputation when it comes to audio equipments)

Would appreciate a first hand review by someone here for the soundcore liberty 4 NC

I can highly recommend Sony Linkbud S on personal experience . I really enjoyed the sound quality , the smooth connection with two devices simultaneously , the almost perfect ANC and ambient sound.
too bad I had to sell it at a loss because I started using over-the ear a lot more.

but Really superb imo ,if you can get it for 10k or less during sale.

BTW please note my experience with TWS is limited and Sony Linkbud S was the only expensive one I have ever properly used.

Someone at the company delivered a nearly perfectly tuned preset and then someone much worse at their job took over and decided to ruin it. You rarely get to see this level of self-own, yet here it is.
Unless OnePlus reverts this change, most people outside of early reviewers will never get to experience the original tuning, which saddens me.
Keep this in mind
I now have in front of me two units, one of which is still on the original firmware that I'm never upgrading. The other has been updated and what people will actually be buying. The first one is what I'll be using going forward. The other one is back inside its box
Every time there is a firmware update with anything oneplus this drama is there. Fixes something, breaks something else and then wait for next update to fix what got broken :bored:

111.111.036 is the original.
119.119.036 is the latest.

Last edited:
Walked into the shower completely oblivious one of the elite 10 buds was in my ear.

A few minutes in I realised and thought crap. Took it out and let it sit. The battery was pretty worn down too. After a couple of hours it would not connect. Put it back in the case to charge. Ten minutes later it was fine.

Need not have worried. Its IP57 rated. The 7 means the device can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for 30 minutes without any damage according to Jabra.

It's good to have some water resistance for these tws :headphone:

Hi
I am looking to buy a pair of tws to gift someone.. A good brand may be
Apart from great music quality should have all the usual bells and whistles that are common now..
Like being comfortable
Anc
Good call quality
Least latency
Support for all major codecs if possible
Solid build
Great connectivity (will be primarily used with an iPhone)
Decent IP rating..

please advise..
What have you decided on?

What have you decided on?
Had advised soundcore and one plus 3 pro and gave an amazon voucher to him to purchase...
He bought the 3 pro, yet to get a feedback... But he seemed pretty happy.

Now his younger brother is bugging me so might grab the one plus 3 (not pro) for him..

Back