Affiliate link URLs and IP?

URLs are not IP and people will share anyways. Tons of links are posted in Desidime. I am part of many whatsapp groups, where many links are shared (@vivek.krishnan was also part of it, at one time). Just check my deals history, I have posted so many things, not at all surely could have come from same group right? I have been posting deals from so long.

However, I am receiving messages like this and looks like admin of that group is also encouraging people:

SHbctEQ.png

I don't want any mess over this. I hoped he would remove the post after I apologized, but I don't see that happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1472645586][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup

^ Why not just ask you who you are and be friends on FB? He could also follow you on Twitter / Instagram and be your fan for life!

"Hay re jabra, Hoy re jabra, FAN ho gaya" :p

#JabraFan #IgnoreThe Retard #HeGotNoB@llsToDoSheet

URLs are not IP and people will share anyways. Tons of links are posted in Desidime. I am part of many whatsapp groups, where many links are shared (@vivek.krishnan was also part of it, at one time). Just check my deals history, I have posted so many things, not at all surely could have come from same group right? I have been posting deals from so long.

However, I am receiving messages like this and looks like admin of that group is also encouraging people:

SHbctEQ.png

I don't want any mess over this. I hoped he would remove the post after I apologized, but I don't see that happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1472645586][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup

^ Why not just ask you who you are and be friends on FB? He could also follow you on Twitter / Instagram and be your fan for life!

"Hay re jabra, Hoy re jabra, FAN ho gaya" :p

#JabraFan #IgnoreThe Retard #HeGotNoB@llsToDoSheet

Actually posting links with affiliate IDs is considered a strict no-no on forums world over.

Same applies to TE too. Affiliate links are not allowed here in TE. It is unfortunate that such links have been posted freely in the thread under discussion and have escaped any moderator's attention thus far.
@avi Please note.

much of this reminds me of Matthew Santoro
He is a famous YT who was actually copying his lists from listverse.com and making tons of money out of it. In case someone wants to read the TL;DR about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/rant/comments/392enx/how_does_youtubes_matthew_santoro_get_away_with/

So while its okay if someone is not aware of the source and copies from non-quotable source like whatsapp, I do find people quoting things which they haven't stumbled without attribution and consider it to be bad.
That said, the behavior of Bibliophiles is also not right, apology has been made and just let it go.

Lol. I've been pinging this page like twice a day in the hopes that the damn ps3 controller will be back on sale. Didn't expect to get caught up in this crap...
damn controllers! I have xbox one controller on price watchlist and damn thing went up 40rs more this weekend. I probably should get one from ebay and be done with it

^ thing is, with cloudtail there's a moderate chance of getting an original. 3rd party sources are 90% fakes and they're such good copies, it's hard to tell the difference. except for the performance...

Back