After 19 years of Windows/PC.. It's a Mac!

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
I fought, I resisted, I analysed, I delayed but in the end.. the Mrs got her way.. Although I admit I kind of couldn't resist the urge to move to something new after being on Windows n a PC for years.

So this is what I got us.. The MacBook Air

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417348577.893713.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417348595.193557.jpg

Now for the accessories... I need someone to suggest a good clear full body protection skin for this beauty. The damn Aluminium scuffs so easily!!

And I also need a frigid NOOBs Guide to Mac/OSX *ashamed* :p

around 53.5k i think.. the bill is in the box and already put into storage..

basically 68500 less 15k for the 1yr 2month old Lenovo z580 more or less

Hahah damn right! Ain't done yet. Can't wait till the Bestskinsever Full Body wrap gets here!

Rounding up the spree for now.. The long awaited Bestskinsever full body clear wrap for the Air & trying out the El cheapo made in India Saco keyboard protector

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419058144.145284.jpg

broo post some pics of the saco if u can - where did u buy it from?

and some pics of the laptop once ur done with applying the skin :p

Amazon. I've used for a day now & it's not too bad.. But it's the absolute best..

PROS:
1. Quite thin. Haven't measured it with a micrometer to be sure but it's ok.
2. No issues with translucency as the backlight comes through pretty well.

CONS:
1. Definitely muffles the sound from the MacBooks speakers. It's noticeable right away. I'm not sure if this is an issue with all laptop keyboard guards for the MacBooks?
2. The Key's forms have a raised edge around them which kinda screws with your receptive feedback in terms of touch. No issues in pressing the keys, just that the raised edges along the outline of the key forms is kind of annoying. It's a flaw which could ruin it for me in the long run.
3. As thin as it may be, it does cause the lid to ever so slightly remain "loose" to open. The lid will shut just fine and remains as it would normally but the "tension" that is there when you try to open a MacBooks lid is not there when you use this. This is due to the fact that the thickness of the guard is not slim enough to avoid contact with the screen when the list is closed and that can be seen by outlines of the keys by the touching of the keyboard guard on a dusty screen.

Hows your keyboard guard which you got?? Any of these issues?

Isn't that the biggest reason not to shift ?

You always gotta learn something new sometimes don't you? :p

It's mostly in use by the Mrs. as i don't have much free time to spend with it anyways. For 90% of my use, it's my Thinkpad X220 ..

Missed this bit..

never had a chance did you :D

Well I did stall for close to a year.. but then as things turn out, I'm gonna relocate abroad soon.. so eventually I have a plan *dastardly snickering laugh* :p

@toxicdrift

Pics of the Bestskinsever clear glossy wrap: I f*ckin love it!

BTW I ordered 2.. I have one to sell if you want.

j4x8bZY.jpg

THlLqlu.jpg

Nice. Welcome to the Air club!
BTW source of that neopack sleeve please?

Got it from Croma @ Sion. It's quite a tight fit though for both the MBA & the charger brick/extension cord. It's nice n sleek however n has a nice soft felt/fur fabric inner lining.. so minimal fans will love it.

I would have appreciated a lil more room for the charger/accessories though

If anyone wants the BSE full body wrap (highly recommended).. Let me know. I have a limited period 20% discount code in the mail to give out. Just PM me

CONS:
1. Definitely muffles the sound from the MacBooks speakers. It's noticeable right away. I'm not sure if this is an issue with all laptop keyboard guards for the MacBooks?

Its because there is no speaker output vent in mba other than the space between keys. Better use your mba without that.

P.S. Please quote the price of that bestskin and can it be used with 11" model?

Back