After iPhone 4 What Next?

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hey Guys,

Yesterday when i was driving my bike in Rain (Makes me wonder why i decided to take the iPhone in the first place), water seeped in the plastic cover in which my iPhone 4 32Gb was kept. It was on when it was in my pocket, by the time i realized that water was in the plastic it was too late :mad:

I took it out & wiped it with a cloth, pressed the home button & nothing happened, so i immediately took it to my dealer, there when i took it out i saw that the camera Led light was so I knew there was some shorting occurring inside, gave it to the dealer, he opened the panel & removed the battery connector, there was water inside, took everything apart.. dried it, and put back everything together... but there was no display :( fortunately he had a dead iphone 4 lying around & replaced the display of that with mine and it was working. But he said to sell it as no guarantee on how long it will last because the water damage was too much. So i left it at his shop picked up a Nokia E7 for use, told him if i like how it works then i'll buy it else buy iPhone 4 again.

Now the Main Question. After you've used the iPhone 4 WHAT NEXT? :S
BTW I've used a lot of phones.

I am really not a fan of Nokia's Symbian, the last Symbian i've used was the N97 mini & now have the E7 & i still don't like it.
In Android I've used HTC Hero, Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy i9003
In BlackBerry i've used Curve, Bold, Bold 2 & Torch. Currently have the Bold 3 9780
I had iPhone 2g for 1 year, Switched to 3gs & used it for 1 Year & had the iPhone 4 for almost a year.
I also have a Honeycomb Tablet.

Don't want to go for any Samsung products because to me it feels like cheap plastic.

Not sure if i want to go with Android unless there is a huge amount of difference in the 2.3 Gingerbread of the i9003 vs the S II that's currently out there.
Don't want to go for HTC because they don't have good sound of speakers & you can barely hear them while Driving / even from the other room. (Desire HD)

So Really After iPhone 4 What Next?

aasimenator said:
^ It is in warrant but not in India :)

If it is in warranty try to send to apple, surly you will get replacement. My friend also got the same problem, he send his phone through another friend to his brother (who bought that phone in contract with AT&T). He got a replacement immedetly. Try checking in this way also

Bought Galaxy SII as i only had to pay 3 k more. So the Galaxy SII cost me 23K which is not bad considering how good the phone is. hopefully will keep using it till the next "installment" of the iPhone arrives.

Thanks you all for replying.

aasimenator said:
Bought Galaxy SII as i only had to pay 3 k more. So the Galaxy SII cost me 23K which is not bad considering how good the phone is. hopefully will keep using it till the next "installment" of the iPhone arrives.

Congrats,good choice :)

aasimenator said:

How did you get it for 23k?

Well if you don't want to try WP7 and not interested in Android either, you can ask the dealer to sell the iphone4, hold the money till the end of this month and ask someone coming from US to grab u an iphone5 or 4GS. Hopefully apple will launch it in September end or starting of October.

Back