After iPhone 4 What Next?

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hey Guys,

Yesterday when i was driving my bike in Rain (Makes me wonder why i decided to take the iPhone in the first place), water seeped in the plastic cover in which my iPhone 4 32Gb was kept. It was on when it was in my pocket, by the time i realized that water was in the plastic it was too late :mad:

I took it out & wiped it with a cloth, pressed the home button & nothing happened, so i immediately took it to my dealer, there when i took it out i saw that the camera Led light was so I knew there was some shorting occurring inside, gave it to the dealer, he opened the panel & removed the battery connector, there was water inside, took everything apart.. dried it, and put back everything together... but there was no display :( fortunately he had a dead iphone 4 lying around & replaced the display of that with mine and it was working. But he said to sell it as no guarantee on how long it will last because the water damage was too much. So i left it at his shop picked up a Nokia E7 for use, told him if i like how it works then i'll buy it else buy iPhone 4 again.

Now the Main Question. After you've used the iPhone 4 WHAT NEXT? :S
BTW I've used a lot of phones.

I am really not a fan of Nokia's Symbian, the last Symbian i've used was the N97 mini & now have the E7 & i still don't like it.
In Android I've used HTC Hero, Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy i9003
In BlackBerry i've used Curve, Bold, Bold 2 & Torch. Currently have the Bold 3 9780
I had iPhone 2g for 1 year, Switched to 3gs & used it for 1 Year & had the iPhone 4 for almost a year.
I also have a Honeycomb Tablet.

Don't want to go for any Samsung products because to me it feels like cheap plastic.

Not sure if i want to go with Android unless there is a huge amount of difference in the 2.3 Gingerbread of the i9003 vs the S II that's currently out there.
Don't want to go for HTC because they don't have good sound of speakers & you can barely hear them while Driving / even from the other room. (Desire HD)

So Really After iPhone 4 What Next?

@ m.khurana... Sorry i have to give him a reply whether i want to keep the E7 or buy something else in the next 3 days... & i am sure iphone 5 is not going to come out by then

Get a Galaxy S II. Explore android for a bit.

EDIT: You might want to pick up a ZTE Blade or Samsung Focus from the market here on TE to hold you till the IP5 comes out.

Im also somewhat in a similar situation. Difference being that the iPhone 3GS that im using since a year, has developed a snag in the home button. It takes a no. of presses before it works.

Thinking of a replacement/upgrade. Options include:

iPhone 4G: Not buying right away because advent of 4GS/5G will bring down its rates.

Samy: Galaxy 1 or 2: Never used Samy devices before, know that resale really crashes.

Nokia: E7, X6, etc: Nokia used to my favourate some time back but lack of development lead to decling interests. Don't know how this latest breed fares on TS interface, responsiveness, hanging, slow-fast, etc.

SE: Arc, Xperia mini, Ray, etc are extremely sexy, difficult to ignore.

BB: Not a fan!

Seems like you haven't tried Windows Phone 7. Why not try it now since you have a chance? I found it quite refreshing despite being an Avid Android user. Also the ui is smooth. Try Samsung Focus because it is cheaper and gives you the option to check out the OS. Also you can wait till Mango update and judge how it is.

Yup mate.. Try the samsung focus...u'll get it for sumthing like 11k-12k...hang on to it till the iphone5 comes....
or else try palm pre 2.... u can try thse phones as u have already tried all the high end phones in android, symbian etc...

Sorry guys no bite on Windows phone, i've watched like 10 videos on Youtube of Windows phones including the review of the samsung focus, and i am really not interested in what the OS has to offer.

@RS4

Because there is no guarantee it will work for long time, the repairer himself told me to get rid of it asap because of the amount of water damage.

@agantuk

If i had someone visiting / staying in US, I would already have had the Touchpad :mad:

aasimenator said:
@RS4

Because there is no guarantee it will work for long time, the repairer himself told me to get rid of it asap because of the amount of water damage.

there is no guarantee that it will fail after some time, if its working fine now then keep using it, how much did he offer for your iphone 4?

RS4 said:
there is no guarantee that it will fail after some time, if its working fine now then keep using it, how much did he offer for your iphone 4?

I am not sure how much i'll get for the iphone but the dealer said more than 20k, Would it be wise to use a repaired iphone4 which if it will brick would note even get 5k?

aasimenator said:
I am not sure how much i'll get for the iphone but the dealer said more than 20k, Would it be wise to use a repaired iphone4 which if it will brick would note even get 5k?

If he is offering you more than 20k then it makes sense to sell the iphone to him, so just sell to him and keep the money, you can use a cheaper phone for some time till the release of iphone 5 or nexus prime as clearly you dont like anything which is available in the market :p

Back