Air Conditioner Blower Making Whooshing Sound

Hello

This is my first post in this forum. I have seen threads on air conditioning here so I thought of seeking advice from you all regarding my AC problem.

I have a Samsung Crystal+ split AC of 1.5 ton that i have been using since the last year. Of late I have noticed that the AC makes a whooshing sound constantly and it is more prominent when the blower works at the lowest speed.

I also feel that the flow of air from the vent is not uniform in a sense that the air blows fine from the left and right corners of the vent, but the flow is not consistent from the middle part of the vent. Sometimes I can feel the air coming from the middle portion of the vent and sometimes I can't. Maybe that's where my real problem lies.

I also feel that the cooling is not adequate. Previously the room used to get chilled at 25 degrees, but now it doesn't get that cool even at 24

I had called the samsung technicians and they said that it is because of dust accumulationon the filters; but even when I clean the filters, I still get the whooshing sound and inconsistent flow of air.

Please advice of what might have gone wrong with my AC. I think it's either the valve gone faulty or there is a chunk of dust accumulated somewhere which is obstructing the air flow and causing the whooshing sound.

Please advise

Thanks a lot

It can also be the horizontal swing flaps out of alignment. I had a somewhat similar experience. Was fixed during servicing.
Also, again from my personal experience, Samsung service techs are mostly inexperienced. They send any random person to address calls like these. If you keep insisting though, they will probably send a more experienced person who can identify the root cause easily.

Last edited:
The wooshing sound that feels more like waves require cleaning of the blower
1618996806315.png

The cooling issue requires clearing of ODU , IDU filters and the metal fins or it could require Gas refilling
1618996843700.png

You can try the following
IDU
- Clean all filters
- Get an old adult toothbrush( long handle) + mild soapy water
---- Open the IDU hatch and start cleaning the fins by dipping the toothbrush in water and moving them along line of the fins
---- If you can reach the blower via the IDU. then try to clean the accumulated dust in similar manner as fins. ( I used to start the ac in fan mode and very gently pressed the brush against blower which was already rotating. Saved effort)

ODU
- Wash the ODU ( fins ) regularly

- If it still doesn't cool the room, get the AC checked for gas volume

If the Ac doesn't cool and if their non uniform air flow, then it could be that the their is Ice formation in the evaporator coil blocking the air flow(ICE formation means its low on refrigerant due to leak), or due to some other clogging of the coil.

My A/C started this whooshing sound just after 15 days of installation and it seems strange that my both a/c's were installled a week apart and both do makes the same sound. The blower and the filter seems to be clean

My Samsung also makes this sound but only when I set it to Auto mode and 24c or above.
But if Auto and up to 22c its all silent or very low sound.
Even on Cool mode it behaves just like above.
I first thought of some issue but then learnt that its its usual behavior.

But if yours isn't cooling enough even on lowest temps then check for gas and leaks etc.

Faced this issue couple of times with my Daikin 1.5 ton ac. Only wet servicing of the IDU worked in my case. I also feel that Daikin ac's IDU get clogged real easy.

Back