AIRTEL -1MBPS but WHEN

Ok, I did some calculations. Here they are :

If you are going to download 24/7 :

1. The MAX you can download on the Rs.1699 1mbps plan is appox 172 GB. ( Has a FUP of 100 GB )

2. The MAX you can download on the Rs.1299 512kbps + 1 mbps @ 8PM-6AM is approx 173 GB. ( Only the day usage has a FUP of 100 GB which is pointless since you are not going to reach it even if you download 24/7 )

So unless, the Rs.1699 plan doubles your speed to 2mbps and 1 mbps after FUP, it is pointless spending 400 bucks more on it.

Bluffmaster said:

So unless, the Rs.1699 plan doubles your speed to 2mbps and 1 mbps after FUP, it is pointless spending 400 bucks more on it.

what you say only works if you use the internet only to download , what really matters to me is a constant need for badwidth like watching videos on youtube,... i cant wait till 10PM in the evening to do that but if some one can do that then yes certainly by all means use the 1299 plan... i have used that plan to and the reason went back to the 1699 plan was because of that constant need for bandwidth ... i would certainly jump at a 2mbps connection if its priced in the less then 2k range in my area...

My 1099 512kbps connection got upgraded 3 weeks back to 1 mbps U/L . Not sure about the FUP though, as I am not heavy d/ler.

While it is true, that spending 1699 for a 1 mbps connection is too much, I would suggest waiting for a bit more before deciding to switch.

At this point, the double speed is actually a bonus for us bandwidth starved Indians :)

Am i right in feeling cheated?

Here's the deal: I was always on 1699 1mbps 100GB FUP plan for a while, and then they came up with the double speed offer of Rs.100 Topup - that was irresistible. So I opted for it - now I get 2mbps 100GB FUP for 1799+taxes. I always throttle my download/upload such that it hits 100GB around the 24th or 25th.

Recently I got this news that Airtel is anyway planning to double all those speeds for free by June - I called up the CC, realized I was somehow "not eligible" because I was already running 2mbps (I couldn't get it through his head that my plan was still 1mbps), and blasted that guy for 30 mins.

But now, after reading all these experiences, maybe I am ok paying the 100 bucks more. What do you guys think?

I just upgraded on June 1 & the double speed plan is only for 128/256 kbps connection thats what CC told me so I migrated from 1499 512kbps to 1mbps freedom 1699 plan. I asked about Rs 100 top up but CC told me that is no more available.

^^ Those CC statements are unfounded. I got a slip with my monthly statement that said all connections upto 1mbps will be upgraded by june.

Yea, the Rs100 topup is definitely out, one of my friends was rejected too.

Think i'll just shut up and live with what I got.

isn't your FUP 20gb,

your speed should go down to 256kbps after 20gb(day) and not 50gb

just looked on the site

if thats true, then what have I been downloading for the past 6 months(average 55GB every month....@ 512Kbps)

Bluffmaster said:

1. The MAX you can download on the Rs.1699 1mbps plan is appox 172 GB. ( Has a FUP of 100 GB )

2. The MAX you can download on the Rs.1299 512kbps + 1 mbps @ 8PM-6AM is approx 173 GB. ( Only the day usage has a FUP of 100 GB which is pointless since you are not going to reach it even if you download 24/7 )

I was just checking the Swift 1299 Turbo plan for the new connection and they said the FUP of 100gb is applicable for night also and they have also reduced the free calls to 100 from 500 :mad:

Bluffmaster said:

I was just checking the Swift 1299 Turbo plan for the new connection and they said the FUP of 100gb is applicable for night also and they have also reduced the free calls to 100 from 500 :mad:

Bluffmaster said:

AIRTEL seems to be in a mood to withdraw themselves from the Broadband Business.

Just spoke with their Customer Care, all plans that used to exist earlier have been withdrawn.

Now every New Unlimited Plans has a FUP on it & that too ridiculous FUP Limits (eg.:2 Mbps FUP Limit is 20 GB) + the speed will be downgraded to 256 Kbps !!!! STRAIGHT Away...seems like time to rethink about continuing with Airtel.

However, if you have a good plan in place with you from the beginning, that will continue in the same way as agreed upon earlier. No changes in the plans already subscribed. The changes are for all new subscriptions only. But, again we guys don't have any good upgrade options available as of now & will have to either stick to the current ones or leave Airtel & go in for BSNL or Reliance or any other ISP's.

The changes are for all new subscriptions only

IF you mean FUP changes then all new & old plans are under FUP, no matter how old plan it is.

AT home & office i have both airtel connection last 6 years & they are under 100gb FUP both day & night.

Oh thats bad

So As of now, 1299 plan is best one -

512 Kbps in Day time

10 PM to 6 AM - 1 Mbps

Bill with Tax - 1433

What say guys ?

Back