Airtel 3G signal up in NCR

Just found 3g signal on my samsung galaxy spica in Delhi. tested the speed on speedtest.net app and the download speed varies between 600 to 800 kbps while the upload speed is between 50 and 80 kbps. WOW!

Opened a 4 minute youtube video on the phone and it loaded fully in 30 seconds with no buffer delays. dunno what airtel is gonna do with FUP here though.

Yes, I did access 3g service. The "3g" icon on my handset changed intermittently to "h" while downloading/ uploading data. Alas, it lasted only for 1 hour. back to edge now. just hoping tata docomo unleashes the price war in 3g too and that MNP becomes operational by the time 3g is launched all across!

manu1991 said:
^^ Err , I dont think Tata Docomo has a 3G license for Delhi . Its Airtel , Vodafone and Reliance IINM
I know that.

I wrote - "just hoping tata docomo unleashes the price war in 3g too" to set the ball rolling for lower 3g access prices and "that MNP becomes operational by the time 3g is launched all across" which would enable me to get free from airtel and choose any other delhi based 3g provider.

Providers can have different 3G tariffs for different cities , its not BSNL , so even if Tata Docomo has low tariffs that doesnt mean that any of the Delhi 3G operators have to keep low tariffs in Delhi .

manu1991 said:
Providers can have different 3G tariffs for different cities , its not BSNL , so even if Tata Docomo has low tariffs that doesnt mean that any of the Delhi 3G operators have to keep low tariffs in Delhi .
yea as docomo yet to launch service in ncr and secondly they dont have 3g license for ncr so hardly matter what price or discount they give in other cities

^^^ When Tata Docomo started their operations in India they weren't present in all the circles. Yet, when they unleashed the price wars and per second call rates, every body else had to follow.

Found Airtel 3G signal in chennai, but its becomes active only from night 10pm till morning 8AM, might be they are doing some testing. Checked out youtube, it was really fast, no buffering. plain connect and play.

Found the following signals in Bandra Area today morning, but it seems not all towers are 3G enabled yet. I was also able to connect to reliance 3G but accessing internet was not possible. Did not try voice calls etc. I have an airtel SIM card too but when tried connecting to their network in 3G mode gave me "No Access" :(
Also in reliance i get 3G written under network bars and not 3.5G :S

f384du.jpg

10g9s0z.jpg

yea 3g signal is up in ncr but not able to access yet. new logo is okay types they are saying its youth oriented I suggest make ur plans youth oriented rather than logo lol

Back