Airtel 4G to Jio Porting questions and Jio hotspot. Please Advise.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hello.

So I will be in India from December for few months. I use airtel 4G. Kerala and Karnataka Circle sims.

Can anyone please advise me how to move them to Jio?

Is there a true unlimited data plan?

And what about the Jio Hotspot? How do they work?.

Advises welcome.

Thanks.

Eh? Then whats the dealio with Reliance Jio? The thread was running for pages.

Should I just get the BSNL 3G sim and recharge for the unlimited plan?

Jio for me has become worse . Below 1mbps , from morning till 9pm . Mumbai city . Wired WiFi tether or wireless Hotspot , no change in speed . On band 2300mhz .

Jio is slower than 2G now. Whenever I have to do anything internet related on my phone, I turn off my WiFi and use the 2G Internet. Even if the Reliance Jio WiFi works, it only works for a few seconds at a time.

People like me who have spent 3k on the Jio MiFi dongle are the most unhappy with the service. I disconnected an earlier 3G connection but Reliance 4G is really bad here in the Chandigarh area

I'm in Pune, and I get speeds of between 1-10 mbps. Usually around 2-4 mbps.
I'm using a JioFi router, and I make calls through it using the Jio4GVoice app.
Everything's not perfect, some times it slows down, some times a few sites refuse to load, not all calls go through, and I do get an occasional wrong number when making calls through it. But it works well about 90% of the time. In fact I get better call quality with calls made through the Jio app than I do on my Vodafone and Airtel numbers.
And, I get better speeds, and a more reliable connection than my local cable buy provides.
But, I did find that my router found it hard to get a signal when I was in Bombay, and often disconnected from the network.

I even visited the service center a couple of times, and though they were swamped they were very polite and helpful, but on the flip side, I haven't been able to contact customer service even once - phone calls are unanswered, tweets and emails aren't replied to, complaint tickets expire without any action.

Even though my experience has been largely positive, I wouldn't port my numbers to Jio until they launch commercially, and get their call connect and customer service issues sorted.

because issues are location based . I haven't faced any issues . Speeds have halved from start but i get 6/7 mbps so usable at my end . Metros speeds are worst

It's more a time issue rather than location. My redmi 2 prime which only goes down to 1800mHz has good speeds in the early morning hours, say 1am to 7am. Other than that it runs like crap. But my redmi 3s prime which is connecting on 850mHz has good speeds most times of the day. So the spectrum is probably overloaded during off-peak hours on the popular 1800mHz (and maybe 2300mHz) frequencies.

I am happy with jio. Don't watch movies on mobile. But otherwise it is ok for calling and surfing. Guess not great for tethering. Should improve once they start charging.

Back in Kolkata the speeds have declined , and is getting worse day by day as more people are opting for jio , i even saw a senior citizen getting a jio connection provogued by Reliance marketing policy of free calls and Internet on his Nokia 2100 cell phone . Without knowing the compatibility .

Back