Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

udayrulz said:
Where are you from ? I don't think any one in New Delhi or NCR has managed to get double speed topup activated .. :huh:

Well, I'm from Delhi and as can be seen from my posts above, my speeds have been doubled automatically. :clap:

udayrulz said:
Where are you from ? I don't think any one in New Delhi or NCR has managed to get double speed topup activated .. :huh:

m.a. said:
Well, I'm from Delhi and as can be seen from my posts above, my speeds have been doubled automatically. :clap:

Good for you :hap2: ,however I was talking about the double speed top up .. which doesn't seem to be applicable in Delhi .

At the ones who are seeing higher than the double speed, i've noticed that Airtel doesnt really cap its speed at the specified levels, when on 512kbps plan or above. At least not where i live. I've been their customer for over 4 years, starting off with 256.

Even now, althought by the book i have a 2 mbps connection, at any random time, speed testers all over the net show my download speeds between 2.4 and 2.8 mbps. I've even seen a max of 3.8 once! Heaven.

We are happy to inform you that Airtel is proactively increasing the speed of its customer base. The upgrade is being done from the back-end, free of charge and the activity has already been initiated in a phased manner.

The entire activity has been going on for about a month now and is not in response to any other operator. This is being done purely to provide a significantly better experience of broadband to our customer base.

While we have not made an official announcement about the same, individual customers calling in have been informed about the upgrade. Since this is being done in a phased manner, the entire base has not been covered yet. IPTV users will also be able to enjoy higher speeds once the activity has been completed.

I got this in an email from Airtel after I mailed them about MTNL and the increased speeds being noticed by some customers!

Posted by admin @ broadbandforum.in , so good news if true .

The speed upgrade for the 256kbps/649rs plan is limited to a FUP of 5GB .. My FUP just kicked in and I'm back to 256kbps .. Bloody Lousy bunch of idiots! :mad:

Arihant.EXE said:
^ but 5GB ? !!!!! Gimme a break "chAirFell" !!

5GB FUP is pathetic...........100 Rs lost thanks to Airtel's Double speed Gimmick........Dunno why are they implementing FUP so strictly and idiotically!! would revert back to 256 next month surely............:mad::mad:

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
I send an sms and got reply

I send this sms via my vodafone number.How the hell airtel gonna know my broadband account details.

You should send the SMS from the mobile number in your broadband account.

I saw an Airtel plan offering 1 Mbps -unlimited- for Rs.499. When I called to ask I was told its only valid for Ludhiana and Chandigarh!

This is 1/3rd the price what is being offered in Delhi/NCR.

For those of you lucky enough to be staying in that region, the plan is called "Combo 499(Airtel/HR/FL/004)".

Details-

Monthly Commitment (Rs.) - 499

Free Call Value - Rs.200(Airtel to Airtel)

Broadband Data Transfer Limit - Unlimited

Download Speed - 1 Mbps

Sad that they dont offer this in the Delhi/NCR region. :(

I see that they dont mention that (FUP) anywhere. Still its not bad. I would go for it myself if I could. I dont use 5 GB a month....

Back