Airtel Broadband Feedback Required

You can, kind of...keep your torrents for seeding but limit the overall upload speed to 5 or 10KBps. After you've seeded it for the required time, use your points/upload data to remove any arrears. This method has been working for me for the last 2 years. I must have spent around $20 in 2 years which works out to approx 50 bucks a month...

I actually like to UL. As much as I can.....! I never remove a torrent from my client.

Since you are in Delhi, you can try for geonet/ten-to-ten cable internet connection. They are providing good upload/download of 2/2 Mbps.It's a local connection though but i have found their service fair enough.
Their website is pathetic but if you want I can mention the number if needed. Check out if they are available in your area.

Since you are in Delhi, you can try for geonet/ten-to-ten cable internet connection. They are providing good upload/download of 2/2 Mbps.It's a local connection though but i have found their service fair enough.
Their website is pathetic but if you want I can mention the number if needed. Check out if they are available in your area.

PM me the number if you can..! Thanks.

Guys, I am from Chennai, been using Airtel for more than a decade, finally gave them a cancellation request because incorrect billing issues, now they are calling and offering me a discount on my bills for a year, has anyone negotiated with them and got better deal, is there any play for a better deal? Any help in this matter would be greatly helpful.

I am looking out for other options like ACT, Reliance, I live in nungambakkam/Thousand lights.

^ That is daylight robbery on the discounts !
You should have gotten much more.

What is your plan+rental details?

4mbps 50gb 1699. That is why I checked here, no one responded. What else can I get?

Before:
4Mbps 50GB - 1799

After
4Mbps 50GB - 1649

Nope, it was never negotiated at any point, the previous was 4mbps 30gb for 1699, they offered me additional 20gb at Rs.100 a couple months ago, which took. Please let me know if there is anything else I can negotiate?

I have however signed up for YOU, they are apparently laying the cables, lets see how it goes.

Last edited:
^^ Is that your plan after the discount? A before and after detail would have been helpful. If you can, edit your msg with those details.

I am not on airtel, so cant really take a call on how the current plan of yours fares out.. (but by the looks of it, it seems good)
If your plan was already negotiated sometime earlier, or made better by airtel people (heard about them doing so after few months of continuous subscription), then 150/- discount maybe couldnt have been bettered.

People not responding was indeed not very encouraging.

They have waived off Rs.150 pm on my current plan.
You should have demanded more.

My old tariff plan:
4 Mbps upto 30 GB, 512 Kbps thereafter.
1499 INR per month.
Free local* calling worth 200 INR

My new tariff plan:
4 Mbps upto 30 GB, 512 Kbps thereafter.
999 INR per month.
Free local* calling worth 1000 INR.

*local = all landlines in the city + all mobiles in the state. 60p/s calling rate.

Not bad, huh?

^ @iChaitanya Plans is an example of an Better Discount plan.
OP, 1199 or 1249 is a lot for that plan which you were offered. Try to negotiate again.

I thought Airtel is offering some reasonable plans now a days but it looks like it Doesn't want to change.

@iChaitanya
Do mention-

Your location
how long have you been a customer of airtel,
if they improved your plan by themselves.. or you had to get it done.
And if it indeed was bettered. then after how many months/yrs did it happen.

Nope, it was never negotiated at any point, the previous was 4mbps 30gb for 1699, they offered me additional 20gb at Rs.100 a couple months ago, which took. Please let me know if there is anything else I can negotiate?

@Jasku
You def should be getting much better deal. Seems like they did some minimal negotiations with you.

Last edited:
@iChaitanya
Do mention-

Your location
how long have you been a customer of airtel,
if they improved your plan by themselves.. or you had to get it done.
And if it indeed was bettered. then after how many months/yrs did it happen.
I'm from Pune. MH.
airtel broadband subscriber since a year.
They don't improve anything by themselves. I had to negotiate a lot to get this one!
I got this new tariff plan after a few months. Been on it ever since. I have a RCOM 4 Mbps connection for all my "content needs", so this airtel 30GB FUP works for me.

^ No man, need this one for work as I work from home as of now.
RCOM isn't that reliable, so have to keep this airtel one around.
airtel uptime and service have been great lately. No downtime whatsoever since last few months.

Sorry for going OT here but do airtel use the same last mile infrastructure as bsnl?
If they use the same last mile cable and dslam as bsnl than there is not much hope going with Airtel in my area (Lucknow).

Back