Airtel Broadband Has Literally Given up in Hyderabad, Gotta see these Flyers

GUYS IS IT LEGAL FOR AIRTEL TO CHARGE 849 FOR THE SAME PLAN I PAY 1199 FOR IN GURGAON ? GET JUST 20GB WHICH GETS FINISHED IN A WEEK WHILE HYDERABADIS GET LIKE 50 GB PLUS. WTF. IS IT LEGAL ???

while i agree with most of the points in this thread, i have used various broadbands in Hyd and find Airtel to be the most stable of them, i live in a area close to the IT hub so there is proliferation of service providers in this area. having used Tikona, ACT, YOU ,BSNL and Airtel, i find that airtel is the most stable of them with very few disruptions

That said their FUP structure is the most craziest one that i have seen, the speeds get pathetic on weekends when most people are streaming movies

So airtel offered me a plan which is by far the best any provider can provide in my area. 699+taxes 4mbps 60gb win win.....

You could top up with 99/- for another 50 GB , they will anyway pester you with calls once you sign up and offer this top up along with one more for unlimited india calling which would be another 99/-

You could top up with 99/- for another 50 GB , they will anyway pester you with calls once you sign up and offer this top up along with one more for unlimited india calling which would be another 99/-
60gb is more then enough for me.... Also already have the 99all India calling plan activated since it was launched.

60gb is more then enough for me.... Also already have the 99all India calling plan activated since it was launched.
Thats good, intrestingly after i replied to this post i was checking my usage via the airtel app, they used to have a data usage page which always says less than at all points , for ex: you have less than 95% , you have less than 10% etc . which is irritating to me as i expect some body to use less than when you reach the final mark

additionally that same page used to have information on the number of days left in your billing cycle so that you could manage your usage, they have now removed that from that App, so you are left guessing on how many days you have left or you know exactly what your billing cycle is which i dont know at this point

one more sneaky way to panic customers into buying more bandwidth!

Thats good, intrestingly after i replied to this post i was checking my usage via the airtel app, they used to have a data usage page which always says less than at all points , for ex: you have less than 95% , you have less than 10% etc . which is irritating to me as i expect some body to use less than when you reach the final mark

additionally that same page used to have information on the number of days left in your billing cycle so that you could manage your usage, they have now removed that from that App, so you are left guessing on how many days you have left or you know exactly what your billing cycle is which i dont know at this point

one more sneaky way to panic customers into buying more bandwidth!

U can always check it thru browser click on this link. It shows every detail u want to know.

airtel.in/smartbyte-s/page.html

The problem even with these new special plans for hyderabad is people get tempted at the 5000min - 99 pack and go for it. After a month or so you get calls asking you to upgrade to a better plan.

Also calls offering..
-- They will give a GSM postpaid connection without Security Deposit.

-- Airtel DTH connection at 50% off.

That said their FUP structure is the most craziest one that i have seen, the speeds get pathetic on weekends when most people are streaming movies

What are you saying?

They provide Consistent speed even during peak hours. :p
112.JPG

They have best network in India. The Network is so advanced that you will not get 4mbps properly.

What are you saying?

They provide Consistent speed even during peak hours. :p

So the street i live in has only apartments with two of them having around 200 apartment , so a rough estimation is that that street has around 700 apartments (according to the Airtel network guy)

They claim more than 400+ connections in this street, so typically on weekends i see a huge drop in my download and upload speeds the network guy claims that its because of the number of people streaming or torrenting !

my upload speed drops to 512 KBPS on a 8MBPS line on weekends, i feel this is correct cause on long weekends when a lot of bachelors travel to their homes (IT hub area) there is a marked increase in my upload and download speeds, this christmas weekend, i was hitting nearly 1 MBPS in upload and download !

They claim more than 400+ connections in this street, so typically on weekends i see a huge drop in my download and upload speeds the network guy claims that its because of the number of people streaming or torrenting !

my upload speed drops to 512 KBPS on a 8MBPS line on weekends, i feel this is correct cause on long weekends when a lot of bachelors travel to their homes (IT hub area) there is a marked increase in my upload and download speeds, this christmas weekend, i was hitting nearly 1 MBPS in upload and download !
kondapur , Whitefields, green fields there is a major competition between airtel and the act guys
It is a shame if they cannot provide speeds at peak hours, They by themselves are claiming and not upgrading lines to support FTTH is extremely ignorant attitude of theirs.
I don't understand why do even advertise 100mbps plan, I asked for that plan they say our area doesn't have FTTH feasibility. Our place is like 3kms from Their main NOC in Hyderabad

Alright, Here's the present scene in Hyderabad. Sales executives are signing up customers asking them not to pay anything upfront, Installation is free with 2-3months free Internet. If they want, they can pay after 3rd month or Throw off the connection.

Customer and Sales executives are in a WIN-WIN now!

Bangalore we don't have much choice as Airtel is a better value proposition when compared with big players. For some reason my area gets only a speed of 8 Mbps. Seriously think why ACT can't do similar plans in Bangalore. Just waiting in hope they do.

Back