Airtel Broadband Has Literally Given up in Hyderabad, Gotta see these Flyers

I asked him, when the MAC was bound. He said non-bound routers can be used. Just need to call the CC and disengage the current one. Will let you know, when I change it and/or it burns out.

How old is your connection. Maybe MAC binding is a new protocol for Airtel.
8+ years now. I don't think age as anything to do with it, its a policy and would be imposed on every one.

When i signed up they included modems too, think it was a rs.99 per month rental. This went on till end 2011. Then they stopped giving out modems. its possible binding began after. Anyway, call up CC to change mac or spoof it.

When i signed up they included modems too, think it was a rs.99 per month rental. This went on till end 2011. Then they stopped giving out modems. its possible binding began after. Anyway, call up CC to change mac or spoof it.

As I mentioned. All is fine as of now. Their default D-Link router (DSL-2730U) is doing fine for my 3BHK flat. (Touches wood).

:)

The Tariffs are ever increasing and I get calls from Airtel to upgrade my plans ... I get shocks as I am already paying a lot more when compare the competitors pricing. Are they getting greedy because I am a old customer and will pay what they want? Think time to switch my loyalty to hathway.

Finally Placed a request for my Airtel broadband Cancellation. They are least bothered. They have confirmed that the connection will be terminated in 7 Days.

Hope Hathway does not dissapoint me and I have to go back to Airtel again :(.

Finally Placed a request for my Airtel broadband Cancellation. They are least bothered. They have confirmed that the connection will be terminated in 7 Days.

Hope Hathway does not dissapoint me and I have to go back to Airtel again :(.
You wouldn't be surprised to know even my friend who had this 799 - 4mbps 20Gb was forced twice to pay more.
First instance was they lured him to take 999 - 8mbps 40Gb and then secondly increased it to 1099. Finally he did the thing which should have been done earlier - Disconnected the connection. ~ Peace prevails from then.

Hathway in Bangalore? I heard its crappy @sabby

Did this thread make the difference?

4mbps 35Gb, 768kbps post fup @ 615.
16Mbps 100Gb, 2mbps post fup @1299.
16Mbps 200Gb, 2mbps post fup @ 1899.

That's sad for Bangalore users. I got this plan that is not listed in their site.
Plan: 50GB 8Mbps, 512Kbps afterwards. No LL and purely BB connection. I got this plan since I was an existing BSNL user and had to submit my previous month bill as proof!
They took a week to activate as the node was new. But connection speeds are as promised and its pretty stable. I know its not as good as ACT but a much better deal than my current BSNL plan.

Edit: They even have a 16Mbps 60GB, 2mbps post fup @999 for Hyd. Would have been perfect for me. Why can't they increase the post FUP speed at least in other big cities?

Darkangel, write a letter to your telecom district GM asking him to bring like hyderabad in bengaluru. Try to explain why.. Thats the least you can do.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 713
Guys, a chennai user here. Is it that one has to give his adsl mac to airtel to bind it in order for internet to work ?. Even in that case, it is very cheap for you guys in Hyderabad. You have to see the plans offered in Chennai. I dont know why such discrimination is shown in Chennai wherein they have worst FUP and download limit apart from the price being high and charging for landline and STD.

80GB & 512Kb/s post FUP + 1000 calls for 2.1k, WTF !!!

There in hyderabad, unlimited local and STD for 100 bucks extra, am i right ?. How about the downtime and issue resolution ? Do they attend to any issues promptly ?

Unlimited calling = 5000mins FUP.
Generally there are no downtimes, But if any fiber cut underground, they'll take 4 days to rectify the problem, in my area at least once a year they dig up roads to join wires due to Rat biting.

Guys please, Airtel and Unlimited can never be in the same context.

Last edited:
FUP in calling also ?. I don't understand. In internet the speed gets reverted. How about in calling ? After exhausting 5000 mins. Concessional rate or normal rate will apply?

Back