Airtel Broadband New Plan

Sarge

Adept
I got a call from Airtel last weekend and they told me about this new plan.

Plan Name: Freedom 1399

Monthly Charges: Rs.1399/- + Service Tax

Download Limit: None

Speed: 1 MBps (25Gb FUP after which speed will be 512kbps) and after 3 months the speed will be upgraded to 4 MBps.

Plus it has 1000 Free Airtel to Airtel Landline calls free and 1 paise/sec and 1.2 paise/sec for calls to other Airtel and other landlines resp.

I think this works out great for me as I am not a bulk but selective downloader and hardly make any calls from the landline. :clap:

Just giving other Airtel users a heads up about this plan. Enjoy

Good plan though, but the FUP sucks with just 25GB up'd :( more over, the Airtel FAGs might hike the monthly charges as well when ur upgraded to 4mbps !

Yeah the FUP sux a little but as I said I am a selective downloader so this works for me and folks like me. Also I checked with the call center and confirmed that when the plan is upgraded to 4MBps there is no download limit or change in monthly charges.

I shall update the thread once I am on this plan about the speed etc.

hector19 said:
Good plan though, but the FUP sucks with just 25GB up'd :( more over, the Airtel FAGs might hike the monthly charges as well when ur upgraded to 4mbps !

even after downloading 25gigs 512kbps at 1300 rupees sounds like a good plan to me

if you're a 100% sure that you will be upgraded to 4mbit after 3 months, this is a great plan. think about it. even after hitting the FUP limit of 25 gigs, you will be cut down to 2mbit which is still very good for 1399 + tax.

i'm currently paying Airtel 2500+ tax for 2mbit unlimited. my FUP is 100GB but i too am a selective downloader and have never even come close to hitting the limit.

setu_garg said:
I think the limit is calculated if you have the NetXpert agent installed. Will it help if we uninstall it?

I dont think thats going to work :eek:hyeah: if you check your My Airtel account it will have logged each and every kb you have downloaded.

@ashr: Even after upgrading to 4MBps the FUP will still be 512kbps after 25GB and not 2MBps but still this is better than what I currently have (Rs. 1000/- for 512kbps unlimited)

@Antidote: That clears your point too :)

And this plan is there in Mumbai. I can't be too sure about other cities because Airtel has different plans and policies for different cities. This plan was not listed on their site until a few weeks back (I check their page often just to be alert of newer schemes :p) but might be they have updated their site but I am not able to verify that as of now. So you can check with your Airtel CC if the plan is available locally.

Antidote said:
4 mbps(and 2mbps on FUP) after 3 months for just 1399 a month? somethings not right !

Yeah. a surprising offer.

Unless Airtel is planning to launch new plans in the new financial year. That would be great!

half the plans that Airtel offer are not listed on the site or even known to the public.

I'm on 2mbps unlimited at 2500 + tax when everyone else is paying 2999 + tax.

I got a call one day from an Airtel employee from Bangalore (which sounded really fishy because I live in Chennai) and he said I'd been chosen as one of the few regular customers who can upgrade to this plan. The only condition was that I had to give him my answer that very day.

I made him mail me the details from an official Airtel email id just to be safe. It looked legit so I took a chance. I was upgraded from 1Mbps to 2Mbps in a few days at the price that was offered to me.

ashr said:
half the plans that Airtel offer are not listed on the site or even known to the public.

I'm on 2mbps unlimited at 2500 + tax when everyone else is paying 2999 + tax.

I got a call one day from an Airtel employee from Bangalore (which sounded really fishy because I live in Chennai) and he said I'd been chosen as one of the few regular customers who can upgrade to this plan. The only condition was that I had to give him my answer that very day.

I made him mail me the details from an official Airtel email id just to be safe. It looked legit so I took a chance. I was upgraded from 1Mbps to 2Mbps in a few days at the price that was offered to me.

With 100GB FUP ?

this plan is available everywhere even I was offered here in Calcutta but I moved to Reliance Wired Broadband as FUP is only 25GB

Reliance Wired Broadband has 1mbps unlimited at 1499

Antidote said:
4 mbps(and 2mbps on FUP) after 3 months for just 1399 a month? somethings not right !

It isn't because its an assumption :)

If 1Mbps gets cut to 512kbs, then 4Mbps will similarly be cut to 2Mbps.

In reality it might be 4Mbps-->512kbs after limit is crossed.

I'd just wait the 3 months and see what happens, too easy to make future promises.

But for ranjitpai, i wonder why its a bargain ?

If he's paying good money for a 2Mbps already, then he expects to run at that speed isn't it. Not get cut down to 512kbs after a bit otherwise it would have been better to just get a 512kbs plan.

If Airtel call's you up, there is always a catch someplace, they are calling you up because they can save themselves some money ;)

I got this call as well. At first, I was tempted, but then I realised that my 25GB would be exhausted within 6 days. So that sucks and I wouldn't want to download at 512kbps the entire day. I atleast need the night 1Mbps download speed.

Airtel seriously needs to think about removing this FUP, else it's really going to hamper upgrading to higher schemes. :(

Back