Airtel broadband tariff hike.......

Yes, I stopped using it. Its unlimited plan with 2MPBS then 216kbps after FUP. They cant prove that I have used their internet/phone facility for the past 6 months.

You have to apply for disconnection .

I know Craptel has stupid plans and stupid speed after FUP , but how do you expect them to know that you no longer want airtel and want disconnection . You might have to pay that 9k+ amount. Haggle with them and you might get a discount on that 9k+ .

You should have called and asked for disconnection instead of stopping using it .

Yes, I stopped using it. Its unlimited plan with 2MPBS then 216kbps after FUP. They cant prove that I have used their internet/phone facility for the past 6 months.

Well there is nothing much you can do other than paying it up,It doesn't matter if you use the connection or not.You have clearly said that you did not ask for disconnection .

I got rid of failtel, delhi in december last year due to FUP limits and torrent throttline issues during daytime (even if you are within FUP limits) irrespective of seeds. Same torrent works (with full speeds) fine in off-peak hours.

Got MTNL 2 MBPS unlimited, backed up with IDEA 3G USB Stick for unplanned MTNL outages (Which is common with MTNL every few weeks)

I will recommend get rid of failtel or keep it as backup (with minimal rental plan) in case MTNL goes down. Use with dual WAN router if you like.

Agreed, But once I haven't paid for the first month they disconnected it after due date and sending me bill for every month for the past 6 month. I dont know why should I pay for the disconnected internet. Frankly I should pay for only one month naa.

@ibm_jennifer: Rental don't stop if you stop payment. You have to apply for disconnection. Just send them an email so that no further rental is raised on this connection.

You might be presented with option to pay in full (previous rentals + late charges) if you need internet connection in your name or same address or

to pay a settlement ammount for not facing any legal issues (But in case you ask for a connection in future, they will ask for balance amount i.e. Total - settlement amount)

Just telling from my personal experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Or ask for a discount and continue the connection (for few months) until billing gets regular, then disconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

just email them, get a reference no. and escalate to highest level possible, cust care ->nodal -> appleate. They will automatically come up with an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be quite a fall from 16Mbps! Usually its their lower end 2Mbps plans that have a 256Kbps limit.

dreamCatcher
- They list the plan that you have mentioned for Rs.1500+ Tax online. What do you mean by 30% off. Do you get the plan for Rs.1050 + Tax since you are a old customer?

P.S: Only max. speeds of 2Mbps available for Chennai :( No fastest plans for the city. Sucks.

It falls down to 512kbps now, no more 256. New plans with lower price and increased data limit was a kind of a damage control exercise taken up by Failtel here. The rep I spoke to said that a huge number of customers quit their service after receiving the price increase message, and this time it seems they have also considered all the criticism and feedback, for service improvement. But I really don't see how 512kbps and limits like 40GB, 60GB can be considered improvements.

I took Airtel broadband about a month back. Took the basic 2Mbps plan with 30GB FUB as i wasn't thinking of downloading much. Earlier I was on 2MBps unlimited FUPed plan of BSNL but due to thier crappy service I got the connection disconnected(Actually gave the application, They yet have to disconnect it).

Now today I was browsing the Airtel site and was shocked to see the current plans. Last month when I opted for the 2MBps plan with 30GB FUP it was for 1199 or 1299. Now I see the same plan for 1499 or so. This is ridicules. I mean 1500 + Tax for a wired broadband plan with 30GB FUP. Who would pay for that. Anyways I have decided to get this disconnected and get something cheaper.

^^ which location?

previously i was on 1599/2mbps/75gb fup. they increased rental to 1700. now they have new plan for 1300/2mbps/80gb fup.
previous plan is not available now. don't know why they increased it in first place.

Cheap b#stards... They didn't even waited for the billing cycle to change & increased the tariff amount on pro-rata basis... :annoyed:

Cheap b#stards... They didn't even waited for the billing cycle to change & increased the tariff amount on pro-rata basis... :annoyed:
Hahaha.... :lol: :lol:
I was going down the whole thread !!

Guys u need to trick the Airtel, to get the discount !!

Below is the Trick:

Just go and simply lock the Cancellation Request by saying you can't afford Airtel anymore, looking for cheaper options.

Retention dept. will hold you by giving some shitty plans(to not disconnect), but dont take that at all even if it looks lucrative.

Let them lock the Cancellation request & just wait for the Confirmation call from their end.

Usually in a day or two u will receive call from Airtel CC.

They will remind you that you are precious customer of Airtel then y r u going to disconnect the connection. Just stay firm and told same Affordability issue & tell u r looking for cheaper options for the Same plan(Like 30gb 1299 in just <1000rs).
Just say them Reliance & XYZ ISP is providing same plan in 950rs + free calling value.
Now they will change their plan & will offer sweet plans to you. Mostly they try to give 20 to 30% off on the same plan, simply ask for more by saying you have only 1000rs budget for broadband so either Give good plans or Disconnect the connection.

After getting the discounted plan, ask its validity(Usually 3 months for XX% off) & ask some waiver in your current bill !!

Do note the Request number for this n just Enjoy surplus discount from the Failtel for 3 months !!

Do the same trick after 3 months to avail further discount.

Agreed, But once I haven't paid for the first month they disconnected it after due date and sending me bill for every month for the past 6 month. I dont know why should I pay for the disconnected internet. Frankly I should pay for only one month naa.

As you have not locked the disconnection request by urself, they will blame it all on you.
But their services(Calling + Broadband) get barred after 3 months if outstanding amount is not paid.

Then you have a strong point to say that only 3 months are chargeable, after that services are barred from their end.
I have done the same & not paid last 3 bills(Pending bill of 3k), services got barred this month. Since my PC is not working so not a major issue for me & Idea 3G is sufficient.

Now when they call me for outstanding payment, I just simply say that I will pay the amount for which I have used the internet but I want disconnection & waiver(of course).
After their so many calls, i got 2k discount & just need to pay 1k & will get the old 499 Retention plan with some Airtel 2 Airtel free calls.
+ Services will be restored in 2 days after paying the 1k outstanding.

^.. I am actually on a good plan... I get 2Mbps upto 75 GB then 512kbps for 999 + tax (Now 1049 + tax) & 5000 mins FREE Airtel to Airtel on Mobile & any local land-line (BSNL + AIRTEL)...

The gripe was for the dinginess on AIRTEL's part to suck the customer dry whenever possible... :annoyed:

OT : Guys could be OT , are torrents blocked on Airtel ? . I am thinking of getting 4MBPs(40GB) plan instead of existing BSNL plan in Bangalore . I am mainly going to airtel due to reliability and 40 GB limit to download torrents .

OT : Guys could be OT , are torrents blocked on Airtel ? . I am thinking of getting 4MBPs(40GB) plan instead of existing BSNL plan in Bangalore . I am mainly going to airtel due to reliability and 40 GB limit to download torrents .

In some circles torrents are throttled but not blocked especially for high speed plans while in others there is no throttling...

^.. I am actually on a good plan... I get 2Mbps upto 75 GB then 512kbps for 999 + tax (Now 1049 + tax) & 5000 mins FREE Airtel to Airtel on Mobile & any local land-line (BSNL + AIRTEL)
These plans don't even exist in Delhi / NCR.
I have used same 75gb plan worth 1599rs & availed 30% retention discount so finally settling for 1150 rs including taxes & no free calls.
There is a lot of difference between plans of Northern India(Delhi / NCR) vs Rest of India plans of Airtel.

Their new plans for Bangalore seems much better. 8Mbps with 60GB limit for Rs.1250 and 4Mbps with 80GB limit for Rs.1400.
dreamCatcher - what is the speed that you get after you hit the FUP limit? 2Mbps or 1Mbps or pathetic 512Kbps?

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Just changed my existing plan to this. Existing was 2MB+25GB @ 1199, for 51 rs more now its 8mb+60GB.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah checked with CC, post FUP speed is still 256K. As rightly said earlier, unless someone raise the standard. They are going to use it.

I just received the SMS for my Turbo 4Mbps plan tariff has been bumped upto 1499. I belong to the Tamil Nadu circle, what do you guys suggest, should I file for discontinuation?

I just received the SMS for my Turbo 4Mbps plan tariff has been bumped upto 1499. I belong to the Tamil Nadu circle, what do you guys suggest, should I file for discontinuation?
Do you have a decent ISP at your place who can provide Good plans and Service? if yes, move a head.

Moody's just also dropped their ratings.

So, they increased prices and are now going to be more profitable. Ratings will be revised soon :)

By the way, heard somewhere that Reliance increased mobile call prices and all other providers will also rise their prices in near future.

Back