Airtel Cellular Service down in Mumbai ?

no network for me yet......and i mean no network- called them ample of times , i guess i need to take a chill pill and relax.....any news if airtel is going to reimburse users for the inconviniences....?

LOL.. It was CRAZY yesterday! People were even calling at Rs.0 balance and talking for 5-6 hrs at end! Now I wonder, why I didnt switch to Airtel too :(

hanzy said:
no network for me yet......and i mean no network- called them ample of times , i guess i need to take a chill pill and relax.....any news if airtel is going to reimburse users for the inconviniences....?

LOL. Some dude was telling me the way he looted airtel with his prepaid card the day when this tragedy happened. His balance was zilch on the day when the network was down and he was boasting to the whole world about how he made STD calls all over the country with no balance. Isnt that enough one day of free calling anywhere in india and free sms's ? :rofl: :rofl: :p :p

Seed said:
Are you going to reimburse them for their fire? :p

What do you want them to do, give you a cookie?

stop the child talk here , with such a big enterprise which has zero backup its $hitty.....

Hotstuff said:
man its not their fault that their center flamed out just because it was a part of the building that caught fire

yes ofcourse not their fault......if a server goes down at my work place, i get a kick on my ar$e for not firing the remote backup server up......and thats just LOCAL.......does Airtel have any backup ? any BCP ?

skylark said:
LOL.. It was CRAZY yesterday! People were even calling at Rs.0 balance and talking for 5-6 hrs at end! Now I wonder, why I didnt switch to Airtel too :(

rushabht said:
LOL. Some dude was telling me the way he looted airtel with his prepaid card the day when this tragedy happened. His balance was zilch on the day when the network was down and he was boasting to the whole world about how he made STD calls all over the country with no balance. Isnt that enough one day of free calling anywhere in india and free sms's ? :rofl: :rofl: :p :p

Hmmm....free calling is fun right , but thats just a boast for some , trust me its not working for everyone.......some people will go boasting around that they did so just to show off :rofl: i have full network right now and i aint able to even dial my land line no. from the past 1hr. yea lets talk abt free calling.....

My pt . here is simple.......we PAY for service....if we arent paying and Airtel is doing us a favour for providing network and such a thing happens then all we have to do is shut and sit and see the show....we are paying here for service...and here we get to see what we get.....

I agree they must be having backup servers and routers......BUT those are at the 'Same' location !......

People leech and can continue to leech in areas where connection has been restored and network are up and running ..............if there is a special way to go around doing that ??? i mean i can do that tooo, for that i need to go 7kms to bandra where the network is funtional , lol sunday i can sit at reclamation and do all the chit chat it seems....:lol:

sTALKEr said:
^^ bs...

i live in reclamation.. services got restored around 12 last night.

zilch till then.

alls back to normal now though.

u are one of the lucky few then , travel to vile parle / andheri and enjoy zero network.....or rather full network and zero outgoing and zero incoming....

Back