Airtel launches unlimited 3G data plan

Reliance is giving 10GB for Rs 950/month @ 7.2Mbps on Post paid plan. I have been using the same plan and my download speed so far ranges between 600 & 850KBps on 7.2Mbps device.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Airtel was giving double data benefit during the festive season. Is the benefit still available?[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]BSNL 3G speeds are low and frequently disconnects in my area due to congestion. Airtel has better reliability and speeds.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I was planning to take the Rs.751 plan which provides 2GB usually but with double data benefit its 4GB. 4GB should be sufficient enough for me. [/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Can anyone who recharged their Airtel 3G data plans recently confirm whether the double data benefit still exists?[/font]

I got the message today as well though I dont remember the plans - deleted the same straight away
<
So, yes it should still be available

I just got Tata Docomo postpaid plan

500 MB 3G data

1000 minute calling local + std

600 national sms

All for 530 + taxes per month

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reliance is giving 10GB for Rs 950/month @ 7.2Mbps on Post paid plan. I have been using the same plan and my download speed so far ranges between 600 & 850KBps on 7.2Mbps device.

I dont think reliance 3G is available in my area.
<
I also want higher speeds
<

I got the message today as well though I dont remember the plans - deleted the same straight away
<
So, yes it should still be available

Yeah still working. My friend recharged 200 bucks and got 500MB

Thanks for confirming the same
<

yes that's right, or get it from some other operator who has a better plan.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Idea was also providing Rs.750 4GB plan during festive season. Not sure whether it still works. Even then no one has Idea in my area. So i would be the first person to test it.[/font]

Dude, if you don't mind can you ping these ip's from that Reliance net?

203.116.80.219 - Starhub

216.12.221.188 - BF3 server

46.105.50.172 - GIFR

85.14.233.247 - NGZ servers

Also can you tell me if the net is stable?

Airtel may be giving unlimited data but since last few days the the 3G speed in my phone has reduced to 28KBPS! So no point in going for unlimited. (unless Unlimited means Unlimited time to download even a small file!)

Not true buddy! The offer is valid till March 2013.

They keep changing their offers, it was earlier mentioned on their website explicitly and now its gone.

Check this to get an idea how they keep extending offers - http://www.teletechnology.in/idea-extends-3g-double-data-offer-till-march-2012/

But whats your source for mentioning March 2013? do check with CC for specifics. It might be that new customers can utilize the double data offer till March 2013 but customers using 3G get double data for a limited time.

They keep changing their offers, it was earlier mentioned on their website explicitly and now its gone.

Check this to get an idea how they keep extending offers - http://www.teletechn...ill-march-2012/

But whats your source for mentioning March 2013? do check with CC for specifics. It might be that new customers can utilize the double data offer till March 2013 but customers using 3G get double data for a limited time.

Yep agreed about the extension. But I saw it a few days back on their tariff page that this double data benefit offer is valid till 2013. Surprisingly, they have removed the entire tariff page from their website. It was available last week when I saw the validity of this offer.

I found a guy who gives 2 GB Vodafone 3G sims for only Rs 198!! Speeds/connectivity are off the hook. Only problem is you'd have to get a new sim every month.

Back