Airtel & MTNL Broadband double speeds @ Delhi

Speeds of the 1Mbps Airtel users is being bumped to 2 Mbps here in Mohali as well. So what about people like me who are paying 2999 for 2Mbps connection? btw, does this upgrade apply to new users as well?

Well 649 is with 512 but again according to cc its with 5gb. so enjoy the luck of not getting low speed after 5gb but in future it will be done. and as far as 512 to 1mb and 1mbps to 2 mbps they said it will be done max by june end for sure on all india basis

Call and downgrade to 1mbps, they should give u that speed since u are loyal customer.

Lord Nemesis said:
Speeds of the 1Mbps Airtel users is being bumped to 2 Mbps here in Mohali as well. So what about people like me who are paying 2999 for 2Mbps connection? btw, does this upgrade apply to new users as well?

That means finally we will have 512 kbps FUP 100GB for Rs. 649+taxes??

delguy19 said:
Well 649 is with 512 but again according to cc its with 5gb. so enjoy the luck of not getting low speed after 5gb but in future it will be done. and as far as 512 to 1mb and 1mbps to 2 mbps they said it will be done max by june end for sure on all india basis

arun687 said:
Speedtest.net results aren't very accurate these days, I'm also getting very strange varying results from different tests. Check your speed at Broadband Speed Test and Internet Bandwidth Community by choosing a bigger test like 6MB or 12MB, then you'll have an accurate result of your connection speed.

I got this:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 231 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 28 kB/s

Test Time:: 2010-05-04 22:29:01 GMT

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 108.453 seconds to complete

Damn, Speeds are slower than broadband:|

Guy's there is a fine print to that Airtel speed upgrade thing. Looks like the upgraded speed is only applicable for a certain data limit each month (I am not talking about the FUP limit here), after that the speeds will revert back to your original speeds as per your plan. I think this is a ruse to quickly get you near to your data limit (data limit plans) or FUP limit (unlimited plans) after which charging you for additional usage in data limit plans and reducing speed for unlimited users after FUP limit will be both to Airtel's advantage.

What's the FUP on Home 649 Plan ? I got FUP of 5GB in the first month after the speeds doubled , Unlimited in the second month .. But now in the third month of my billing cycle , again the speeds have halved ! :x But it seems to me i haven't reached the FUP this time cos i didn't download that much of data.

kkndka said:
Sometimes MTNL just goes crazy..

speedtest is not reliable these days.Even I got similar speed result on my airtel connection.But the real speed was normal :mad:

646183523.png

Back