Airtel & MTNL Broadband double speeds @ Delhi

nfsfan

Adept
Hi guys..good news for all!!
MTNL Delhi will officially double the speeds, and thats coming from their customer care. I was booking a new connection today and they told me its tru for the combo 599 and 999 plans.
Also, since the last 2 hrs many of my friends, and myself are experiencing double speeds on the 650 UL plan. And its not just a one-off incident, its happening at two different ares of Delhi. Safe to assume that Airtel will also double its speeds.

I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I moved to MTNL, away from the Airtel FUP crap, and sad that Airtel has also increased its speeds and I will be mising their support. But NO FUP is better to me than awesome support :)

The speed doubles when Airtel is doing something with their servers. Speeds back to normal now for me though.

What about you guys?

ravi_9793 said:
I will never take MTNL even if they provide same speed at half price than Airtel

Seems you are really pissed off MTNL. But i suppose they are currently the best ISP in terms of VFM plans in India at the moment (IMO).
At least here in Mumbai, MTNL is the best. My download speeds are sometimes touching more than 2.5 Mbps (dont ask what plan i am on :p)

nfsfan said:
I am on Airtel as of now, and still getting 512 kbps for around 10 hours :)

Seems they are specifically trying to impress you :devil2:

I still have a slightly doggy connection, Just my speeds are the same :p

I still hate airtel :lol:

whoa, just checked and my speeds are also doubled.. :clap:

i'm on mtnl 999ul combo, now my speed is 1mbpc instead of 512kbps which i was getting earlier.. so it's time for me to shift to the 599ul as my parents are always scolding me for the hefty bill.. :ashamed:

My speeds are double also, for the moment. I desperately want to get rid of 256 and get an affordable 512. If this speed is gonna be permanent then its nothing but Party time for me!

Back