Airtel & MTNL Broadband double speeds @ Delhi

can anyone please confirm if the speeds doubled in mumbai for airtel...
@comp@addict me too in the same plan....
thinking of shifting 2 back to MTNL but their customer support still suks big time. A bunch of illiterate people...

nfsfan said:
Hi guys..good news for all!!
MTNL Delhi will officially double the speeds, and thats coming from their customer care. I was booking a new connection today and they told me its tru for the combo 599 and 999 plans.
Also, since the last 2 hrs many of my friends, and myself are experiencing double speeds on the 650 UL plan. And its not just a one-off incident, its happening at two different ares of Delhi. Safe to assume that Airtel will also double its speeds.

I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I moved to MTNL, away from the Airtel FUP crap, and sad that Airtel has also increased its speeds and I will be mising their support. But NO FUP is better to me than awesome support :)
The MTNL site still says the 599 plan speed is 256kbps ???

Can you let me know what is the total cost of getting a new MTNL broadband connection if I don't have any landline from MTNL. Is there any monthly rental charges for the landline apart from the BB charges ?

Shakensoul said:
The MTNL site still says the 599 plan speed is 256kbps ???

Can you let me know what is the total cost of getting a new MTNL broadband connection if I don't have any landline from MTNL. Is there any monthly rental charges for the landline apart from the BB charges ?

Whats the use of double speed when the internet doesn`t work for 20 hrs out of 24 hrs of a day...!!!!
Pathetic service by MTNL...!!

^^ Probably an isolated case for you. I have never ever called MTNL customer care for problems since last one year. Awesome connectivity and speeds always more than promised.

Patience my frnd, reward is on its way :eek:hyeah:

Even when I changed my plan from 256kbps to 512kbps they took a week to upgrade my speed even when they upgraded my plan on the first day i.e 1 feb , So it may take a week or so in upgrading speeds of all connections.

MTNL is known for their lazy a.s.s and once sorted out excellent speeds.

MTNL when upgrading does not go with a big bang approach but rather a gradual possibly exchange by exchange upgradation. So guys keep patience, it will happen.

Mailing to deadsl@bol.net.in does the speed change quickly as compared a week as listed by you. But the speed should be officially announced. As of now, nothing is visible on the website.

rahul1059 said:
Patience my frnd, reward is on its way :eek:hyeah:

Even when I changed my plan from 256kbps to 512kbps they took a week to upgrade my speed even when they upgraded my plan on the first day i.e 1 feb , So it may take a week or so in upgrading speeds of all connections.

MTNL is known for their lazy a.s.s and once sorted out excellent speeds.

Please have patience :)
I heard from the mtnl cc aunty' mouth itself :) that they r going to implement it phasewise. But its for all to rejoice :)

BTW, my airtel connection is still giving 512kbps, and so is my friends. This is for west delhi.

hackboy89 said:
whoa, just checked and my speeds are also doubled.. :clap:

i'm on mtnl 999ul combo, now my speed is 1mbpc instead of 512kbps which i was getting earlier.. so it's time for me to shift to the 599ul as my parents are always scolding me for the hefty bill.. :ashamed:

Where in Delhi are u from ?

No implementation of it in Rohini area yet.But I hope it will be soon. :hap2:

mayanksahni said:
Where in Rohini????

Me too from dere and getting 512kbps UL on 599rs plan. :D

I'm from Sector -18.

I was getting double speed (was getting 4mbps when i had plan for 2mbps) for 10 months then 2 weeks ago my net wasn't working for 2-3days so called them and demanded it to be fixed immediately so they sent a guy and he got it to work but reduced speed back to 2mbps :mad:

nfsfan said:
I am on Airtel as of now, and still getting 512 kbps for around 10 hours :)

I'm guessing you were on 256kbps UL before?

I'm on Turbo 1299 (512 during day, 1mpbs at night), and there has been no change in speeds as of yet.

Back