Airtel & MTNL Broadband double speeds @ Delhi

lolz thanks for appreciation guys :p Just waitin for the switch to take place !

anujgupta said:
well i just talked to MTNL CC and they are saying all the plans will be updated by tomorrow :)

I would still go with the 15th date... this is MTNL we're talking about, so their tomorrow is atleast a few days later :p :bleh:

Though i'll be a VERY happy man if it happens tomorrow :D

Told you all to have some patience, and MTNL surprisingly put an ad next day :)

Cmon guys, I do deserve some reps for starting this thread :cool2::cool2:

As far as I can see, Airtel will upgrade their 650 and 1099 plans to 512kbps and 1 mbps respectively. But at the same time, I am getting a feeling that they will further reduce the FUP limits. As we have not signed on for any limits!! Happy that I am leaving Airtel.

what about existing 1mbps and 2mbps users ? :(

im paying 1999 on 2mbps with 25GB limit...they should atleast double the download limit if they're not doubling my speed.

Hello Friends,

Just wanted to update that I reside in Delhi and have 649 UNLTD 256 KBPS plan but today after sending request online in a couple of mins my speed has been doubled to 512 KBPS!!! Thanks for the link!!! But I am still confused with the way its been activated on my plan so quickly!!! I am getting around about 75 to 90 KBPS (using IDM) for downloads........

I had called Airtel CCE previously when the thread had started but they told me tat offer was only applicable to 512 KBPS and above plans so very much surprised!!!

meet6600 said:
Hello Friends,

Just wanted to update that I reside in Delhi and have 649 UNLTD 256 KBPS plan but today after sending request online in a couple of mins my speed has been doubled to 512 KBPS!!! Thanks for the link!!! But I am still confused with the way its been activated on my plan so quickly!!! I am getting around about 75 to 90 KBPS (using IDM) for downloads........

I had called Airtel CCE previously when the thread had started but they told me tat offer was only applicable to 512 KBPS and above plans so very much surprised!!!

Where did you send the request and what link are you talking about?

The Link is "http://www.airtel.in/doublespeed/". I got it either from this thread or the other one with only Airtel Heading..........

Sent an online request via link

Does one have to just click submit on that link and thats done ? It takes you to another page with tariff plan details for particular city etc.

DCEite said:
Does one have to just click submit on that link and thats done ? It takes you to another page with tariff plan details for particular city etc.

In my case I entered my Details and then clicked on submit after which a pop up came up and said thanks for submitting your request. After that I was taken to another page for tariff plans.:eek:hyeah:

meet6600 said:
The Link is "http://www.airtel.in/doublespeed/". I got it either from this thread or the other one with only Airtel Heading..........
Sent an online request via link

This is different than what we talking about here...

Here airtel users are getting double speed because MTNL has announced 512KBPS for 599 rs...

All 649 Unlimited Airtel users are now getting 512 KBPS, so I guess your speed is doubled because of same reason...

The link you given I tried that about 2 months back and my speed was not increased untill yesterday

I finally called up the CC as well , he said the new MTNL double speeds are being applied from yesterday , so it will get updated throughout Delhi in a couple of days.

2 more days of wait. :p

joy1 said:
I finally called up the CC as well , he said the new MTNL double speeds are being applied from yesterday , so it will get updated throughout Delhi in a couple of days.

2 more days of wait. :p

Cool
Can't wait :p:hap2:

Called up the airtel CC, as per the guy after consulting his seniors, speed has generally been doubled on the Rs.649/256kbps UL plan to 512kbps and the 'doublespeed' offer is only valid for south india :S

I'm thinking of swapping over to MTNL, but don't want to leave airtel's service. MTNL keeps disconnecting frequently, with outages lasting almost 5-6hours at times

^^all lies and baseless accusations IMO, in the past 3.5years as a customer of MTNL, I can only remember once where there was no internet connectivity for like 4-5 days, that was cus the MCD dug up their cables and shit locally.

Or maybe I am just lucky, but thats hard to believe.

TheOtherGuy said:
^^all lies and baseless accusations IMO, in the past 3.5years as a customer of MTNL, I can only remember once where there was no internet connectivity for like 4-5 days, that was cus the MCD dug up their cables and shit locally.

Or maybe I am just lucky, but thats hard to believe.

Yea! airtel pays me a grand everytime I b**ch about mtnl :|

Guys if you haven't used MTNL then please dont add crap about MTNL, they are far better than Airtel in every respect except their CC part. It has less downtime than Airtel.

Their eng. have far more knowledge than airtel guys. I agree their CC is crap. They dont greet you when you call them, they usually say " Tell why have you called" instead of a greeting :)

Back