Airtel News Update Thread...

^^atleast my pc performing better in networking section....lolz....

will not turn off pc till i download all the torrents running..lemme see till when the speed can keep up with me torrents..;)

edit

params7 said:
Yeah Airtel did the same thing last year this time too, but no changes here. Maybe in the mroning....

i was only kidding when i said independense day special.......if what u said is true..... Airtel really rawks man....i'm soo happy...i hope the damn electricity doesnt go this time....:eek:

i wanted to know which is better airtel or bsnl coz some friends say bsnl is good and some say airtel is good im getting confused so before for either of these can some some help me

update...since few days...i'm getting ~80-150 pings during daytime & ~60 pings during night to sg servers....IRRESPECTIVE of the ip address....:) :clap:

gr8 going airtel.....:)

i got airtel broadband connection befor 1 month and since that time i am geting this error msg. i called up call center they are keep telling that we are upgrading our site.
damit

"As a part of our continuous effort to enhance our services we are upgrading this site so Registration will be not available for Broadband and Telephone Services/DSL. Kindly call up our Call Centre (121) for any support."

So, how much more time until 512kbps becomes a regular, its a almost a year now with 256kbps while other countries are racing to 50gb+ commercially.

Is it me or is this Broadband issue one of the most underlooked problems in the goverment?

512k will take quite a time to become regular as till date ISPs are earning a premium on 64K connections so until airtel (with its good schemes) reach 85% areas (in mumbai) nothings gonna happen and also good builders needed for tht reason...

Yesterday i came to know bout another policy the land on which our buildings (my area) stands is right now in the name of the builder so ISPs cannot place ne connections via the grounds ( no wonder y the cables hang on rooftops :lol: ) and airtel has already penetrated borivli and dahisar in fact they have already laid the connection lines in front my house but the builders people interveined and cancelled the contract or watever..... and now the cables are lying just like tht underground :cry: couldnt have worse luk than this :(

i second that.. they're taking a huge premium on the connections rite now, India is only using 30% of their bandwidth capabilites, and out of which 15% is corporate....

so, if all home are given a 1mbps connection, they'l still be using only 45%, which is still pretty gud. But hey, they wont, cuz the bandwidth premium is high and their profit margins decrease.

I use approx 20gb/month and pay only 950 bucks.. thats like super supre cheap. they can surely provide 512 norm .. 1 mb/ night easily...

lets hope!

T.

Advise me..........Shall i switch over to airtel, currently on Sify. Get 30kbps download speed normally, both day and night. Utorrent works fine. Tell me if i switch over to Airtel and take 256 unlimited plan, will i get around 30kbps and 55+ in night as they say it gets doubled. I am from Delhi.

Anyone ?

Airtel will provide u with similar speeds that you get with sify, only prob I faced with Sify was that the service was down more often than it was up, specially when there was lightning and rain, dunno about Delhi but generally it seems that Airtel is better than most ISP's. Dont need to swith if u aren't experiencing any downtimes with sify, airtel will provide u similar speeds at best (the 512kbps offer is just for the first month IIRC)

Technocrat said:
so, if all home are given a 1mbps connection, they'l still be using only 45%, which is still pretty gud. But hey, they wont, cuz the bandwidth premium is high and their profit margins decrease.

So summed up, Indian ISP's are exploiting us until, and will keep it up until they are satisfied with their 'premium earnings'?

512 k is avail but its a business plan 512 k 20gb/month at somethin like 11-12k monthly...

and as of now there are no plans to introduce any new plans.. thats wat info i got from someone workin in airtel..

^^cheaper way is to get 2 256 lines & make a single stream out of it..^_^

~2000/month-->512 kbps-->Unlimited ^_^
(i dont know the devices used..but hell sure it can be done)

Back