Airtel or Act BB??

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Currently I am using BSNL at borewell road, whitefield which sucks on pings after 5PM till 11 45 PM
icon_smile.gif
as I had no other options available in the area.​
I am shifting to 5th Cross, D Block, AECS layout, Blore and I find Act and Airtel being available in that area.​
Can someone throw some light on the pros and cons of both these providers and which one to choose?​
Requirements are:: (priorotized in the orber below)​
1) Speeds above 4 mbps (minimum)​
2) Good ping (below 200ms) to US/UK/Singapore servers (for games like BF3 and LOL)​
3) Hassle free service post implementation​
4) Smooth and faster provision of connection​
Help from people around AECS layout (if any) will be much appreciated.​

Currently I am using BSNL at borewell road, whitefield which sucks on pings after 5PM till 11 45 PM
icon_smile.gif
as I had no other options available in the area.​
I am shifting to 5th Cross, D Block, AECS layout, Blore and I find Act and Airtel being available in that area.​
Can someone throw some light on the pros and cons of both these providers and which one to choose?​
Requirements are:: (priorotized in the orber below)​
1) Speeds above 4 GB (minimum)​
2) Good ping (below 200ms) to US/UK/Singapore servers (for games like BF3 and LOL)​
3) Hassle free service post implementation​
4) Smooth and faster provision of connection​
Help from people around AECS layout (if any) will be much appreciated.​

Speed 4GB? :eek:

I've been with Airtel for the last few years and have never had any problems. Service is top notch and if you're a platinum customer, their turnaround time is usually 3-5 hours.

Pings to US/Uk might be a problem. Singapore will be good.

I am in whitefield, Ramagondanhalli quite close to borewell road and just got airtel. Installation turn around time was 2 days from my placing an online request to the installation at my home. I am on a 8 mbps plan and constantly gets 7.5 to 8.5 mbps. Plus they have a neat account management interface in place where you can practically do anything from seeing your usage to bill payment. Very pleased with the service (touch wood).

Speed 4GB? :eek:

I've been with Airtel for the last few years and have never had any problems. Service is top notch and if you're a platinum customer, their turnaround time is usually 3-5 hours.

Pings to US/Uk might be a problem. Singapore will be good.
Thanks for notifying, corrected the original post.[DOUBLEPOST=1374649713][/DOUBLEPOST]Can someone tell me the peak time pings (evening till night) to these servers??

I am in whitefield, Ramagondanhalli quite close to borewell road and just got airtel. Installation turn around time was 2 days from my placing an online request to the installation at my home. I am on a 8 mbps plan and constantly gets 7.5 to 8.5 mbps. Plus they have a neat account management interface in place where you can practically do anything from seeing your usage to bill payment. Very pleased with the service (touch wood).
Thanks for replying.. What is the ping that you get to the Singapore, UK and US servers at peak time. (read, from evening to late night)?

Ping for local servers inside the country is 32 ms. It was more then 200 - 250 ms for multiple locations all over the US. Didn't try UK and singapore. Will do a ping test and post the screen grabs here in the evening.

is their service reliable and hassle free?? I saw some broadband forums with so many complaints on the customer support that Act is providing which kinda scared me..

Is there anyone from AECS layout can confirm on the service they are getting in the area from Act?[DOUBLEPOST=1374756752][/DOUBLEPOST]I had my share of bad experience with FTH provider (beam cable) in hyderabad. And i dont want the headache here as well. :(

is their service reliable and hassle free?? I saw some broadband forums with so many complaints on the customer support that Act is providing which kinda scared me..

Is there anyone from AECS layout can confirm on the service they are getting in the area from Act?[DOUBLEPOST=1374756752][/DOUBLEPOST]I had my share of bad experience with FTH provider (beam cable) in hyderabad. And i dont want the headache here as well. :(

Both are one and the same. The forum where you saw those fake complaints is what i was talking about.
If you want real reviews from the users living in AECS kindly bump this thread

Back