Airtel Pissing Us Off

annababu

Disciple
This is Sh**T service from Airtel.
From last 2-3 months we have been charged for Subscribing unwanted services unecessarily. We get sms saying the service activated and u have been charged this n that amount.

and when it comes to talking with customer care, simply replied saying u r the one who must have subscribed for this so we can not refund.

we actually called Nodal officer & reported matter & got amount back
but today again this happened, some news service started & for last 2-3 days rs.1/each day deducted from balance

this is just a Pathetic Airtel Experience.

Recently such thing happened with DOCOMO as well, but solved it. Wow!! :( Ranbir Kapoor bolta hai in advt.- Docomo do not charge unecesarily to customer like other, do not sent sms of subscribing unwanted Services.
Anyways Any body can tell me where to take this matter upfront?, this is really serious issue as its happened more 10times

+1
I am in same state here.. models video sms, I receive the same damn sms everyday for past few months, they charge Rs 30 for each week.
Once I clicked on the link in the sms by mistake and it opened a folder with some videos and airtel charged me Rs 100 for download of a cricket java game.
I have been successful in getting the charges reversed, but its just irritating to do it every month.

I am on the verge of disconnecting airtel service.

suggestions people??

time to send port out sms.

and on other note.complain to TRAI with CC to nodal desk and their indian cc.

I will port out if i were you.

Request an MNP code by sending PORT <Your Mobile NO> to 1900 the code will come and after a while their customer care will call you that why are leaving the network and then you can complain and fire them left and right and tell them "No, I've decided that I'm leaving your service" so some other senior peerson will call again then you can complain again, I think it helps, I did for my Bro's Airtel

request an MNP code by sending PORT <Your Mobile NO> to 1900 the code will come and after a while their customer care will call you that why are leaving the network and then you can complain and fire them left and right and tell them "No, I've decided that I'm leaving your service" so some other senior peerson will call again then you can complain again, I think it helps, I did for my Bro's Airtel

we will do it now let see if we get call from them

send port out sms and wait , see if they ready to take care of it.but dont senf cpr message till you confirm no more shi*t from airtel

Each & every Service provider starts doing same tactics, in my case Vodafone customer care just don't want to AGREE what they Gave me in WRITTEN by one of their customer care executive. Lots of tweets, few mails, request for MNP & finally mail to nodal officer help to reverse the amount.

i decided to close my airtel number.when i was asked why i gave them a good piece of my mind,also told their customer service that i don't want yuvraj singh to tell me what the fu*k i want to wear.

i remember they had turned on something like 6 services on without my permission and were charging me a total of 120 rs.class a scammers and cheap tactics.

Reliance started this trend...(no 1 chor company of india....)

how else would a company grow so huge in just one generation...while tatas took 3-4 generations

Docomo and Idea followed suit...

now airtel joins too.

surprised to see vodafone in this list too...

gues the only company left out are mtnl and bsnl...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

paarkhi said:
Request an MNP code by sending PORT <Your Mobile NO> to 1900 the code will come and after a while their customer care will call you that why are leaving the network and then you can complain and fire them left and right and tell them "No, I've decided that I'm leaving your service" so some other senior peerson will call again then you can complain again, I think it helps, I did for my Bro's Airtel

In order to protect interests of the consumers of telecom sector, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) issued new directives to all the Mobile Operators (CMTS/UAS) regarding charges being levied on the subscriber for sending SMS to short code number 1900 for Mobile Number Portability (MNP).

According to the new guidelines by TRAI, The Cellular Mobile Telephone Service Providers and Unified Access Service Providers should treat the SMS sent to MNP short code number 1900 as ordinary SMS.

TRAI also clarified that for the purpose of charging and the rate for such SMS sent to 1900 shall not exceed the tariff applicable for ordinary SMS under the tariff plan opted by the subscriber.

It is significant to say that some Mobile Service Operators are charging the subscribers at higher rate/premium charges than the ordinary rate for the SMS sent by them to MNP short code number 1900.

Is the port out message charged as premium message...
will try out this trick...

mofo docomo deducted 40rs ...only 1.24 rs in my balance now

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

MohitPreet said:
another way is switch to postpaid connections , these things are very rare in postpaid - my personal opinion

that's because its not noticeable...

they must adjusting that amount in the call charges

Till telecom lobbyists are hand-in-glove with the ministries = no care or empathy for consumers. The CC service levels and the foreign copied communications methods which companies ape here in India just keeps me laughing and makes me more sad day by day.

Slightly OT, but the government is passing a bill which will cap sms/day/sim @ 100, to curb the mass sms marketing which is happening. Most of these elements use web portals for the tonnage of sms they send out, not SIMS. But instead of tackling the root of the issue (which apparently is a industry in millions as per the government, and many will loose a livelihood) -- they pass a lame a$$ed bill. Either it is retarded naivety or corruption of morality. I guess the latter fits the bills for the morons running this country.

Idiotic.

Happened with me also, when I called CC they said you have only subscribed it by clicking the SMS they sent me !! Loosers, and still companies whine about low margins :mad:

Back