Airtel slow tonight in Delhi?

rshri

Adept
My 256k connection is crawling. Its speed is supposed to get doubled at this time. But its hardly 15-20 KBps right now. Will call CC in morning if problem persists.

Anyone else experiencing this?

No replies? Looks like I was the only one who is facing this problem. Anyway, I have registered complaint today.

Keeping fingers crossed (coz could not download anything last night)!

Shakensoul said:
I am facing the same problem, slow speed, no double speed during the night. Am from south delhi. What did CC say ?

Nothing really. Just said that they will get it checked. I am in East Dehli.

Glad to know that I am not the only one! When did problem start at your end?

Have had problems since last evening. The connection randomly goes down for ~30 minutes. Called them this morning and they made me change the dns servers - seems to be working fine now.

s@dism said:
Have had problems since last evening. The connection randomly goes down for ~30 minutes. Called them this morning and they made me change the dns servers - seems to be working fine now.

So maybe its DNS issue!
What DNS IPs are you using now?

200mph said:
i dont see the problem being sovled . i too am in east delhi. care to share the dns used now ?

Hmmm.. looks like CC was blowing me off by saying problem is solved!

Have you contacted CC yet? What do they say?

the CC of airtel to has started to suck big time. i think may be some server issue coz its a speed drop for me big time. the speeds from 32- 33 constant have come down to 23 or so . i hate it.

200mph said:
the CC of airtel to has started to suck big time. i think may be some server issue coz its a speed drop for me big time. the speeds from 32- 33 constant have come down to 23 or so . i hate it.

Have u called CC yet? What did they say?

At home now..just checked internet. Speeds have improved since last night but still not recovered completely (getting around 25 KBps). Lets hope we will have speed doubling tonight!

rshri said:
Your speed doubled last night? Where are you situated in Delhi?

I live near CP (central delhi).. And the doubling of speeds has been erratic since the beginning of September.. Had called them up they said that after they released the 512kbps unltd plan they've stopped guaranteeing doubling of speeds, it may happen for u if the load is not much in ur area.. For me it happens like 3-4 nights in a week only..

And as for browsing I use opendns.com so DNS is not an issue for me..

@rshri : are u getting 25KBps on torrents or http downloads? I get arnd 28-30 on torrents and 31-32 on IDM downloads...

yeah speeds are sucky... one of my friends called CC up, and they cooly said its alright as the speed is suppossed to be upto 256Kbps

Niks said:
I live near CP (central delhi).. And the doubling of speeds has been erratic since the beginning of September.. Had called them up they said that after they released the 512kbps unltd plan they've stopped guaranteeing doubling of speeds, it may happen for u if the load is not much in ur area.. For me it happens like 3-4 nights in a week only..

And as for browsing I use opendns.com so DNS is not an issue for me..

@rshri : are u getting 25KBps on torrents or http downloads? I get arnd 28-30 on torrents and 31-32 on IDM downloads...

Getting around 20-25 KBps on HTTP downloads. No doubling till now. Looks like I am now out of luck with Airtel - Barring few rare nights, speed had been doubling for me every night for me till yesterday.

If this is all Airtel has to offer for Rs 1000+ then I surely will have to switch ISP.

rshri said:
Getting around 20-25 KBps on HTTP downloads. No doubling till now. Looks like I am now out of luck with Airtel - Barring few rare nights, speed had been doubling for me every night for me till yesterday.

If this is all Airtel has to offer for Rs 1000+ then I surely will have to switch ISP.

20-25 on HTTP downloads !!!! man thats real bad...

Just called CC.. Guess what? They told me that there is no problem at all at their end. They said that speed committed by Airtel for my 256 Kbps plan is 128-256 Kbps. And since I am getting 200kbps so there is no problem!

F***ing Unbelievable!

Back