Airtel speed and service quality

ame

Disciple
Dear Friends

I have been using MTNL triband for some months and looking to shift to Airtel unlimited Turbo 1299 per month.

Appreciate if Airtel users can share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

ame

I have been using MTNL for the past year and a half and shifted to Airtel in October last year, I believe.

The experience has been fantastic. This is perhaps the best and the most responsive ISP I have ever experienced. It pushes the speeds above advertised ones. For eg: I have the Turbo 1099 plan, wherein I'm supposed to get 384Kbps in the morning and night it would throttle to 1Mbps. I get 512Kbps speed in the morning and 1.5Mbps at night. So that's way better than what I can ask for.

Not to mention, their customer service is superb. You report a complaint and they report back pretty much the same day or the following day. Online bill pay system is hassle free. Next to nil downtimes. So don't think twice before getting it. It's way better than those shitty cable providers (read: Pacenet) and even MTNL.

I have been using airtel for more than a year and before that I tried, Sify, TATA Indicom Wi-Max. And my friends tried Reliance Wi-Max. Airtel is far far ahead in terms of serive, reliability. I had faced less than half a dozen downtimes in this year and the support was prompt and it never last more than a day. Even when the cable was cut, they fixed it inside 24 hrs. Had nightmarish experience with Sify and TATA. Downright pathetic these two are.

These crap ISPs have to learn a lot from Airtel.

The only thing with airtel is only after a long time they reduce their price. Anyway the service is superb and Prompt ..

Great going airtel !!!

Dear All

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried giving my details on their site to get in touch but no luck.

Can any one share their Mumbai customer care number?

ame

Here's yet another pleasant experience...

So I started experiencing frequent disconnections from a month back , a problem that has plagued Beetel 220BX modem users recently.

Shot a mail to TN customer care (26th, 11PM) and I got a reply saying the complaint would be addressed by 5PM the next day. Sure enough, on 27th at 5:30PM a service engineer visits my place.

[ I was also updated about the status of my complaint, via SMS. ]

He first tried a firmware upgrade but that didn't help, so he gave me a temporary modem replacement (110BX) and left. Meanwhile I was thinking about switching to a WiFi modem, so I thought hey, let me give them a call and see what can be done. A few minutes later, my request for a WiFi router was registered.

This morning I got a call from a SE saying he had to collect fresh stock of Wifi routers and that I would get mine by evening.

6PM today, he came home with a brand new Beetel 450TCI Wifi router (Black colour, as requested) :eek:hyeah:, installed it for me, set a wi-access password, collected the payment (1.5K one time rent) and left.

Checked the WiFi connection with a Zune and it was all good!

Airtel FTW!

I hope this gives potential Airtel customers a confidence boost. ;)

P.S: I would have shrugged wondering how BSNL would have handled this. :no:

Airtel Broadband's Service is absolutely freakin top-notch. Been using it for the past 3 years and am in love with them. Downtime is very very rare.. and that too for not more than a few minutes.

But the customer support is truly phenomenal. My fixed line/ modem issues at times have been dealt with within 30 minutes of calling customer care.... Go for it with your eyes closed.

The only bad experience I had so far with Airtel is when they couriered my bill to someone else but thanks to their e-bill I was able to take a print out of it and make the payment.

I have been using Airtel for over a year and have faced no downtime so far. Their service is very prompt and their tech support over the phone is good as well.

To contact Airtel in Mumbai call on this number 44444121.

I have been using MTNL and speed bumps are great sometime i get 1.4Mbps download speed with 2 MBPS plan

I have been using MTNL without issues other than noise in telephone line every 4 months. But the customer support has become very prompt.

The advantage with MTNL is that they dont charge for upload! So it is an excellent choice for people who are streaming the video from security cams etc.

Back