Airtel Speed Reduced

Ethan_Hunt said:
Wait was it your or PiXeLpUsHeR? Dam I get confused between the 2 of you. :rofl:

Anyway, my last night's RS download went down the drain. I check the error message and it said connection timed out. Great, just f*ckin' great! :mad:

The perils of shifting to new OS. :(

PiXeLpUsHeR. :p

manusag said:
i faced exactly the same problem as u Ethan.Try rolling back ur ethernet driver. It worked in my case since i am also using windows-7. I figured it out after suffering for 5 days since there was no such problem in my download pc which runs on xp, i concluded that it is win-7 problem
Sorry to bump this dead thread, but since I re-installed Windows 7 a month back, this problem seems to be back. Windows 7's shitty default ethernet driver always installs first. I'm not sure how I managed to bypass it the last time, but it always installs the default Realtek driver from it's database and my download randomly times out.

So can anyone suggest a way by which I can uninstall the drivers and re-install it using my drivers disc?

I have tried this:

* Go to Start–>Search type in gpedit.msc
* Click the file to open the Local Group Policy Editor and show Windows who is in control!!
* You want to go here: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System->Device Installation. Click on the subfolder Device Installation on the left and on the right side you will see the possible restrictions.
* Right Click on Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings and edit this option, set it on ENABLED.
Reboot Windows and enjoy its inability to pollute your system with its standard driver, open gpedit.msc again and revert the change so you will be able to install your driver.

It prevented the auto-windows installation, but it also didn't allow any other drivers to be installed separately. :mad:

I am using this OS with Airtel 1 mbps connection for around 6 months. Not saw this issue, so its not a generic bug but could be with some thing more specific.

For upgrading driver:

Let Windows 7 install its default drivers and than install the LAN drivers from Mother board CD.

Yep. Just did that, hope it works. BTW, I'm not on Airtel now, it's MTNL, yet the problem persists. So it's not the ISP or IDM issue.

Back