Airtel static IP is a scam?

kiran6680

Disciple
Is anyone using the static IP service from Airtel? I added the static IP feature in my long term Airtel broadband connection about 5 months ago for about Rs 200 / month, and my IP address keeps changing every 2-3 weeks. I never noticed earlier, but probably even before paying Rs 200/month, the IP address got changed at about the same time interval.

Is their whole static IP scheme a scam? I called their customer care many times, they always say something went wrong and it won't happen again.

You need to configure the static ip on your router, and not rely on their pppoe config (not sure how to do that in their router, but probably has options in the config page). They'll allocate a specific IP address just for you, and if you configure that in your router as static config, it won't change. Have been using it for 3 years+, works perfectly fine.

Though, they've notified that the charges will be revised to 299+gst (from 199+gst).

Is anyone using the static IP service from Airtel? I added the static IP feature in my long term Airtel broadband connection about 5 months ago for about Rs 200 / month, and my IP address keeps changing every 2-3 weeks. I never noticed earlier, but probably even before paying Rs 200/month, the IP address got changed at about the same time interval.

Is their whole static IP scheme a scam? I called their customer care many times, they always say something went wrong and it won't happen again.
no its not a scam am using it and its working.
your ip is changing is because you are still on pppoe/ dynamic ip
you need to configure the static ip on your router, the technician assigned to you when you requested for it have got all the details such as ip, gateway, subnet
ask him or raise a SR.

You need to configure the static ip on your router, and not rely on their pppoe config

your ip is changing is because you are still on pppoe/ dynamic ip
I tell them this thing, they assign a technician to me, and then that technician calls me and says nothing needs to be done in my router because in my connection (not sure what is special in my connection, fibre is everywhere) the static IP is all handled on their side. Then that technician closes the ticket.

check dm once
I tell them this thing, they assign a technician to me, and then that technician calls me and says nothing needs to be done in my router because in my connection (not sure what is special in my connection, fibre is everywhere) the static IP is all handled on their side. Then that technician closes the ticket.

Actually its a reverse scam. If you get static IP, your bandwidth changes to 1gb/s even if you have plan of 200mb/s. (At least for a few months).

If you didn't configure static IP in router, then PEBCAK.

Technician doesn’t know how to configure static ip . You are simply paying static ip chargers without using static ip. Ask airtel for the refund and launch a complaint to their team . It happened to me as well but my case was different.

My case was I wanted to try static ip just for a month but after a month they kept charging for static ip and I needed to call customer care every month for the refund because the manager here in my city didn’t know how to remove the static ip charges

Technician doesn’t know how to configure static ip . You are simply paying static ip chargers without using static ip. Ask airtel for the refund and launch a complaint to their team . It happened to me as well but my case was different.

My case was I wanted to try static ip just for a month but after a month they kept charging for static ip and I needed to call customer care every month for the refund because the manager here in my city didn’t know how to remove the static ip charges
its the work of cc to remove charges and add to be precise their billing team, your city manager wont do anything he has only one job to get installations done, cater to wire cut complains and nothing else.
they are complete dumbass.

I suggested @kiran6680 a way dont know if he followed it/

its the work of cc to remove charges and add to be precise their billing team, your city manager wont do anything he has only one job to get installations done, cater to wire cut complains and nothing else.
they are complete dumbass.

I suggested @kiran6680 a way dont know if he followed it/
No cc first need confirmation from local team

I've made a few calls to customer service, and also emailed at a service address suggested kindly by @anmolbhard004 . Airtel people here seem to have no clue how to fix it. 10 different people from Airtel have called me in a week - all saying that such things take 1 day, 3 days, 2 weeks etc. My support ticket has been assigned to 5 different "engineers" as per the SMSes sent to me, the engineers have done nothing yet.

As long as they keep calling, I'm hopeful. I won't make any configuration in the router myself, but let's see if Airtel people can do something either in their servers or in my router.

Back