Airtel takes on JioFiber with new Xstream bundle broadband plans starting at Rs 499

Airtel is really good if you require high speed and consistent internet.
But if your requirement is not that high you can opt for jio as the cheapest plan is 30mbps with jio.
But Airtel is best for gaming and high data consumption hands down.
Used 1gbps when I was in Bangalore and it was great.

I'm a netplus user with a question. Do all your ethernet ports run on gigabit ? All are supposed to run on 1Gb but only 1 does for me.
Only one. I have the ZTE modem/router. I am thinking of switching to Airtel if I can get a confirmation that port forwarding works on Airtel FTTH.

Only one. I have the ZTE modem/router. I am thinking of switching to Airtel if I can get a confirmation that port forwarding works on Airtel FTTH.
Ok. I think we have the same router. I searched about its specs and all are supposed to run on 1Gb. I contacted the support and they were useless. My earlier routers using co-axial cable had all ports running on gigabit which made it easier for file sharing in LAN. So I don't think there is a point getting my router replaced.

Re: port forwarding. I think on netplus it does not work because if you see the WAN IP in modem info is different from your public IP. Which is not the case for other providers. So if you open port, they must be for that WAN IP and not the other actual public IP if you're trying to open ports for that.

Ok. I think we have the same router. I searched about its specs and all are supposed to run on 1Gb. I contacted the support and they were useless. My earlier routers using co-axial cable had all ports running on gigabit which made it easier for file sharing in LAN. So I don't think there is a point getting my router replaced.

Re: port forwarding. I think on netplus it does not work because if you see the WAN IP in modem info is different from your public IP. Which is not the case for other providers. So if you open port, they must be for that WAN IP and not the other actual public IP if you're trying to open ports for that.
Only LAN port 1 is Gigabit port. Rest are 100MBPS.

I am pretty much satisfied with JioFiber except for the supplied 2.4g router. The customer care had rejected the request to provide dual band router for a Rs999 150Mbps plan!

Back