Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Sensor

Re: Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Se

I bought mine. Just for the heck of buying it. It's got a decent feature set but a slow witted small screen. Not too great a phone, IMHO.

Re: Alcatel NRG Sports phone : bluetooth 2.0 + 1.3 mpx cam + mem upto 2gb + Motion Se

Anybody using GPRS on this mob? My friend bought one and he is unable to use it as the service provider (AirTel) is saying that settings are not available for this model.

prasanna29 said:
Anybody using GPRS on this mob? My friend bought one and he is unable to use it as the service provider (AirTel) is saying that settings are not available for this model.
Tell your friend to do manual settings and it should work.

None of the ebay listings for this phone has 1gb card bundled for a price less than 1600/-. If mobile store is bundling 1gb card for 1600 then I guess that's the better option.

prasanna29 said:
^How to do that? Can you elaborate?

Just set the Access Point Name (APN) to airtelgprs.com. everything else blank or default for Mobile Office.

For Airtel Live use the following

1. Account Name – Airtel_live

2. Homepage – http://live.airtelworld.com

3. Username – Blank

4. Password – Blank

5. Proxy – Enabled/yes

6. Proxy and Server Adress – 100.1.200.99

7. Accespoint Name – airtelfun.com

8. Proxy and Server Port – 8080

9. Data bearer – GPRS/ Packet Data

10. Authentication Type – Normal
TechYoda said:
None of the ebay listings for this phone has 1gb card bundled for a price less than 1600/-. If mobile store is bundling 1gb card for 1600 then I guess that's the better option.
Lowest price seems to be Rs 1530, when clubbed with a 10% coupon you can get for Rs 1375 which IMO is a good deal, home delivered! :)

^Thank you! Will ask my friend to try it out! (Want to Rep you but can't find the rep button :()

prasanna29 said:
^Thank you! Will ask my friend to try it out! (Want to Rep you but can't find the rep button :()
On each post on right hand corner there is a *, click that to rep him.

has anyone been able to log into sites like m.facebook.com and m.twitter.com using this phone ? it always gives me an error. I'm using tatadocomo in wap mode. if i try the html mode ..the browser just crashes. do these sites work fine on other providers like airtel ?

raymasky said:
has anyone been able to log into sites like m.facebook.com and m.twitter.com using this phone ? it always gives me an error. I'm using tatadocomo in wap mode. if i try the html mode ..the browser just crashes. do these sites work fine on other providers like airtel ?
I will try over the weekend and can let you know. Phone not with me you see.

This phone does not support java and hence we cannot install apps like opera mini and all :(

This phone is manufactured by a Chinese company TCL. Initially I thought it was from Alcatel (the french co. that merged with Lucent). It is not a Alcatel-Lucent product like it seems...its a chinese phone after all...

Back