All Rounder Player Like VLC but with stunning looks

Re: All Rounder Player Like VLC but stunning look want..........!!.

pot Player is the the 'version' of kmplayer. The kmplayer dev sold kmplayer to some company and started PotPlayer...

For sheer number of features, nothing can beat PotPlayer. It is also the only player that can play all of my near 1 TB anime collection flawlessly. However, it does seem to have issues with older systems. The other downside of this program is that the UI is not that well designed. I think SMplayer has by far the best UI design, but it does not support DXVA, and its support for chaptered MKV's is not perfect, both of which are crucial for 1080p playback.

XBMC

Can be used in conjunction with MPC-HC (if you want that).

screenshot000.jpg

screenshot001.jpg

More: http://xbmc.org/skins/

I've tried all of them and for my requirement - DXVA acceleration, hardware YUV to RGB conversion, 10 bit output (my tv seems to like that far better than 8bit), Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD bitstreaming, absolutely nothing can touch potplayer. MPC-HC comes close but needs hell of a lot of configuration and even after trying everything doesn't accelerate xvid on the gpu.

Pot player does all of the above out of the box.

XBMC UI looks pretty awesome but that is about it. XBMC is obviously not meant for a power user.

Maya2009 said:
Currently i'm using VLC,Splayer and iTunes..

why iTune ?? because it's stunning look and als they're listing top songs which most of really nice songs i wish VLC player add something like that !!:p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Splayer is als nice one thanx for sharing this !!

You are most welcome..!:)

TBH the best player considering the fact u need both good looks and better playback, I suggest u install Klite Mega Codec pack(choose option no. 7) from Filehippo.com and then install GOM with Delux 11 theme. Its by far the best, easiest, and most satisfying player i have ever used. Trust me u wont face any

Pros:

-Press enter for full screen.

-Press arrow keys for fast forward of 6-10 seconds

-Press num 0 for Pan and stretch and zoom

-Press num arrows to adjust the video

-Press num '+' and '-' to make the vid lager or smaller.

-Automatic codec update

Cons:

Needs Klite codecs installed before hand, or after GOM. Both works.

Chaos said:
I've tried all of them and for my requirement - DXVA acceleration, hardware YUV to RGB conversion, 10 bit output (my tv seems to like that far better than 8bit), Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD bitstreaming, absolutely nothing can touch potplayer. MPC-HC comes close but needs hell of a lot of configuration and even after trying everything doesn't accelerate xvid on the gpu.

Pot player does all of the above out of the box.

XBMC UI looks pretty awesome but that is about it. XBMC is obviously not meant for a power user.

Tsk, tsk, sweeping statements. It is actually meant for a power user. The sheer amount of customization possible is quite overwhelming. The only thing that is simple is the UI, making XBMC simple to use as-is for novices. As established, MPC-HC can very well be integrated with XBMC, which, as you said, needs "hell of a lot of configuration".
Not to say PotPlayer isn't good, but I never needed to go beyond MPC-HC.
Besides, whats the point of accelerating xvid? It is pretty crappy a format for HD videos, and SD doesn't warrant such processing.

GunsNRoses said:
Tsk, tsk, sweeping statements. It is actually meant for a power user. The sheer amount of customization possible is quite overwhelming. The only thing that is simple is the UI, making XBMC simple to use as-is for novices. As established, MPC-HC can very well be integrated with XBMC, which, as you said, needs "hell of a lot of configuration".
Not to say PotPlayer isn't good, but I never needed to go beyond MPC-HC.
Besides, whats the point of accelerating xvid? It is pretty crappy a format for HD videos, and SD doesn't warrant such processing.

XBMC with mpc-hc is sort of a half baked solution. I tried it and never liked the fact that for playing the video, it went off into the mpc-hc ui.

The biggest downer of xbmc right now is the lack of directshow filter support since its completely built out of ffmpeg. This means no reclock which is absolutely essential to get correct frame rate in non 24p videos.

I have a few old 1080p xvid rips of some old movies which do not play play without framing in mpc-hc since my fusion is too slow to play them without gpu support. These play perfectly in potplayer.

Other than the pretty media browser, XBMC offers me nothing. Thanks but no thanks!

Now only if Potplayer would have support for the Media Center Remote, it'd be perfect.

Hey guyz....... why don't you try smplayer. It uses the engine of award wining mplayer which can play any format you through at it just like vlc. Its the same as vlc as it is also an open source application. Have a try and you will be amazed :)

For Videos = Pot Player (A much refined/stable media player with more customization/user friendly options than KMPlayer)

For Audio = Nothing better than good old Foobar2000 with customized interface and plugins (according to our choice)

Currently i'm using Microsoft Zune Player it give some look to my desktop
<

My Microsoft Zune Desktop 2012.........

Hope you like it
<

the very reason players like VLC and media player classic with the Klite codec pack were made because earlier all the shitty players were just good in looks and eat up all your CPU power. which left the video jittering, flickering, the audio going out of sync and loads of other probs..

now, you want all the bling alongwith all the functionality, its gonna be a bit difficult. .maybe not with standard def. videos.. but if you're playing full hi def videos. then you will definitely see a diff in the performance of your player..

but if you still need good looks and are using windows 7, i say just install K lite mega codec pack and use the windows media player 12.. its one of the very good looking players, and can also use all the external codecs that are installed with the K lite mega codec pack with the media player classic..

infact, i have noticed many times.. that some videos that tend to get stuck or go out of sync in some other players (very rarely during the 1080p videos) play fine on windows media player 12 of windows 7 using the same codecs of the media player classic.. although it does start eating up the cpu.. but thats fine as long as the video plays properly..

the very reason players like VLC and media player classic with the Klite codec pack were made because earlier all the shitty players were just good in looks and eat up all your CPU power. which left the video jittering, flickering, the audio going out of sync and loads of other probs..

now, you want all the bling alongwith all the functionality, its gonna be a bit difficult. .maybe not with standard def. videos.. but if you're playing full hi def videos. then you will definitely see a diff in the performance of your player..

infact, i have noticed many times.. that some videos that tend to get stuck or go out of sync in some other players (very rarely during the 1080p videos) play fine on windows media player 12 of windows 7 using the same codecs of the media player classic.. although it does start eating up the cpu.. but thats fine as long as the video plays properly..

# puneetritehere Thanx for advice and i knw functionality is problem so far i only likes these two media players i.e VLC and Microsoft Zune because.....

VLC

Pros :

1.Good opening & closing Speed

2. Smooth Seeking

3. Can repair Broken Videos (In Case when download is incomplete or Recovered videos )

Cons:

1.Color richness is not good as K-lite

Microsoft Zune

Pros:

1, Awesome & Cool Look and i love it

2. Music and Videos Library is very good

3. While work you can put player on desktop without minimize

4. Marketplace for Music and Videos and it's way better than iTune player

Cons:

1. Sometimes it get stuck in Quick play menu but that's very rare

and i knw VLC lacks of color richness but in video setting you can adjust that and also Many times video lags in AMD Processor cause CPU goes in Idle mode that reason videos lags so when you playing 720 or 1080 please change your power plan for smooth video playing..

Back