Almost as big a leap as Kumar :P

gannu_rox said:
^^^ Congrats Nikhil.... :D

Gr8 purchase...

I dont practically see any major diff b/w the k800i from urs tho...

Because there isnt !! :D

The k800i isnt available in India anyway. I laid out the differences between the two phones in one of my previous posts.

Thanks Kumar, Chief-Techie.

No thanks to you greenie :p.

Good purchase man :)

BTW mine was a big leap too.. from a 1100 to a HTC P3400 :p (of course, used a w700i for a few weeks now and then..)

@greenhorn: of course the 1100 series is good. i aint selling mine :D

Thank you Vinchu :p

And I used my sister's HPM 70 and my EP 630 and the quality blew me away. My ipod doesnt even come close.

Only problem is that it is not loud enough. I would like a bit more volume. Even at max, sometimes, the music playing in the gym was heard...

^^there are quite a few modded drivers for sounds & stuff for drivers & stuff..! ;)

try it out....but u will have to flash back 100% in case of warranty claims etc..so beware..lol!

super_saiyan said:
^^there are quite a few modded drivers for sounds & stuff for drivers & stuff..! ;)

try it out....but u will have to flash back 100% in case of warranty claims etc..so beware..lol!

I know. I just want to know if everything is 100% reversible.

^^OMG .. wat have i done..

i meant this

^^there are quite a few modded drivers for sounds & stuff ... :ashamed:

yup..most of the time its 100% reversible..u will have to flash back the stock firmware...although the chances for a phone to get bricked/damaged is very low if u know what your are doing...:) ! just make sure u are flashing the right stuff..

@anyone : correct me if i'm wrong...the flash-dead cell phones are out of warranty right? .. wat if u tell u have no idea wat happened ? .. never had such problems..so i dunno...

super_saiyan said:
^^OMG .. wat have i done..
i meant this

^^there are quite a few modded drivers for sounds & stuff ... :ashamed:

yup..most of the time its 100% reversible..u will have to flash back the stock firmware...although the chances for a phone to get bricked/damaged is very low if u know what your are doing...:) ! just make sure u are flashing the right stuff..
@anyone : correct me if i'm wrong...the flash-dead cell phones are out of warranty right? .. wat if u tell u have no idea wat happened ? .. never had such problems..so i dunno...
hmmm ok.

Do you have any links ?

@Sunny ---- Can you guide me through a guide for improving the sound quality ?

super_saiyan said:

just say OMG OMG I was flashing thru SEUS and the damn power went off :p But i think they will charge you for correcting your dead phone.

Its pretty simple after flashing coupla times. I've converted some 10 K750is into W800s, and 4 of them have modded camera, accoustic drivers and snazzy menus :p

SunnyBoi said:
just say OMG OMG I was flashing thru SEUS and the damn power went off :p But i think they will charge you for correcting your dead phone.

Its pretty simple after flashing coupla times. I've converted some 10 K750is into W800s, and 4 of them have modded camera, accoustic drivers and snazzy menus :p

I dont want snazzy menus and all :p

I want better sound and pics. That is all :p

This phone , restarts everytime I disconnect it from the USB cable connected to PC ..hunnn !! , when i tried to play demo video files on the phone ,it restarted first time . I am coming from 6600 , that phone was rock stable for 3 years :( . I got this phone phone only for the camera other wise I dint wanted to pay 15k for the N73 .

@ Nikhil did you you update the phone ? ,what is the verison ?

nfsnfs said:
This phone , restarts everytime I disconnect it from the USB cable connected to PC ..hunnn !! , when i tried to play demo video files on the phone ,it restarted first time . I am coming from 6600 , that phone was rock stable for 3 years :( . I got this phone phone only for the camera other wise I dint wanted to pay 15k for the N73 .

@ Nikhil did you you update the phone ? ,what is the verison ?

The restarting is normal. Nothing you can do abt it.
And the files must be corrupted.Nothing restarted for me.

Nikhil said:
I dont want snazzy menus and all :p

I want better sound and pics. That is all :p

U've got it already... :)

Pamper the cam with the Xenon flash...

Damn, Nokia's come up with tthe Xenon flash in the N82. :mad:

gannu_rox said:
U've got it already... :)

Pamper the cam with the Xenon flash...

Damn, Nokia's come up with tthe Xenon flash in the N82. :mad:

That doesnt necessarily mean better pics.

Outdoor pics are pretty good, but indoor pics taken with flash are very noisy and grainy. (I think noisy=grainy).

Great phone. And even better for a 24/7 photographer. :D

Been using this since six months now, and as long as you know its limitations, it'll serve you well.

Here's a copy-paste of what I pm'ed Keane16 a while ago about taking shots with the K790i.

>>
Here's what the K790/K800 is good at:

1. Macros
2. Daylight photography

That's IT. Any night shots from this camera are only just "snap" but not "photos' since they are sooo noisy..

Lastly, ALL snaps which come out of the K790i are dull and very very neutral. So a quick fix is required for all the snaps. I use Adobe Photoshop and what I do is:

1. Adjust levels - darken the shadows by a significant amount and slightly overexpose the highlights.
OR
2. Adjust curves - to a more 'S' shaped curve in Photoshop.
3. Sharpen
4. Remove Noise using NeatImage (sometimes)

You can achieve most of this in the phone itself by using the PhotoDJ application by simply using the "Auto Level" function, though its a very very basic function.

<<
Read it. Go through my shots in my flickr page linked below. And see what this phone is really capable of. :D

Congrats again! :)

Payne

PS: No firmware trick will get you close to what you can do with post-processing.
PPS: Do NOT try night photography with this phone, the noise kills everything. :D Evening, twilight is fine...but not night shots. Flash is also ok for general purpose shots.

Beautiful phone, tested it, and used for a day. I don't like SE personally now, but I'd buy this. The ultimate compliment for you :eek:hyeah:

Back