PC Peripherals Altec Lansing ATP 3 or VS 4121

Switch

Skilled
As the thread title says i have to make a decision for my friend for a speaker system. He will attach it on to his laptop and mostly listen to music and watch movies. Now between a decent 4.1 and a good 2.1 speaker system i have told him to go in for a 2.1

I have zeroed it down to these two

ATP 3 (As many TE members already have it and swear by it)

&

VS4121 (I have seen it in action at my friends & cousion's place and i just loved it)

The prices of the two are 3K and 3.8K respectively. Now differnce between the two is not much apart from a big base unit and headphoes output addon on VS4121.

Suggest me between the two and also if you have some other suggesstion apart from these two. I also have Altec lansing 251's on my mind but i dont know weather they are as good as the above mentioned two as they are 5.1's. And before anybody flames i know that a surround sound speakers are recommended watching movies.

Thanks in advance.

Switch

VS4121.... its an upgraded version of the ATP3. The audio quality of ATP3 and 251 is quite similar with ATP3 having punchier bass. However VS4121 is markedly better. Go for it. If you can spend a bit more, you can have the 621 for around 5.5K which blows all these away in terms of power and clarity :). I guess the upgraded 621(called CS21) should also be available for slightly more but then thats stretching your budget too much. My pick... VS4121 or 621(preferred).

got the altec lansing gt5051r's for darky 2day.....the crappiest spks ever!!!!!!!!!! avoid them at all costs...they make mercury/intex sound good!
got them changed for loggy 5300's.....darky's happy now :D

Anybody considering the JBL Creature Speakers Kev182 is selling ? They look humongous (excuse the spelling), and I believe sound good too :)

^^the jbls r a piece of shit.... :)
@ switch, the 5300's r quite good....bass is very boomy...the sub comes nowhere close to the 5500....satellites r decent

Back