alternative to cyberoam 24online

hi guyz
I just was thinking a very UNEasy way of bypassing cyberoam Problem. Pls take a minute to give this thought a consideration

For Linux Platform there is a client at Sourceforge which is working FLAWLESS since 2002

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyberoam

Im using it since then till now when my ISP has the latest Firewall & bandwidth controlling Cyberoam 24 online client

But this is not the case with the Linux Client. Its a mere executable File that u run to login to ur A/c, till now also. So no Blockages u see.

I tried running the linux clone on windows using Emulated environment but its just too hard next to impossible. Then I thought If someone can take the C++ source code of the Project & compile it for Native windows -- it can be a Solution. Thesource code isnt available on the Site openly but if someone can Arrange it from Somewhere it can do a trick

I'm No coder & i know its very hard thing but atleast the Idea is not bad. I think if some programmer between us can really give it a Push, it can be Done

b
So pls give it a Go
Th

Wish I could do it....

I hate24online not because I want more bandwidth than I am paying for ...I want an alternative coz it doesn't let me properly share my Internet connection between my Home PCs...
There's somrthing known as slyberoam btw, which is a windows alternative client to 24online. The only hitch is it is compatible with the old versions of the cyberoam server.
Oh I just wish some coing stud could do this...

Which is why Mehergags suggestion , i.e. some coding stud working on porting the Linux version to windows makes immense sense...If only I had any experience of coding!

Also, if u do get the source code then try using mingw to compile it, should be easy enuf the, or get cygwin (and GNU C).
But where will u get the source code? Elitecore is no more likely to distribute it than they do their Windows version.

EDIT:
does this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/linc/ work on linux? If it does, then try compiling it in windows as I said (using Mingw or cygwin with GNU C).

One suggestion - if u are willing to go to the trouble, create a minimalist linux installation on VMWare. By minimalist, install only text mode stuff. Then run the client thru that. (VMware does support networking). I know it is perverse, but then so is 24online.

Fast forward a decade and some >>>
And I migrated my router/firewall from pfsense to Sophos XG (both virtualized) and was talking to Vivekkrishnan About it...
And he was like.. Did you know sophos xg is from an Indian company called Cyberoam..
And I go wait a second, that name sounds familiar!

So I google and land up here :nailbiting:
Who'd have thought !:D

Back