CPU/Mobo Alternatives for i3-2100 for gaming.

^^ Yep the Core i3 + HD 5770 combination will quash the performance of the Llano + HD 6670 Hybrid-CrossFireX performance.

Hope this helps #amithkallupalam. Cheers!!

Thanks a lot #ALPHA17 you've helped me build my pc throughout! Thanks! Ok so how is the Core 2 quads performance when compared to the i3? I know its old tech but it has 4 physical cores right? And i3 2100 equivalent core 2 quad must cost cheaper right? And I wont be using the integrated graphics on the i3. So wont a c2q be better?

^^ No problems #amithkallupalam, I just happen to like doing this job a lot [helping others], the only thing that I love more is assembling the system with my own hands.

The older Core 2Quads are similar to AMD's Bulldozer architecture, two modules of two cores each have been fused to create a quad-core processor, but the memory latency is affected through this and longer instruction pipelines also add a penalty to overall performance. The Core i3 processors are more efficient and are better tuned for your usage, here is a comparison --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/89?vs=289.

So the Core i3 translates to -- leaner, meaner, faster... overall better deal for you.

Thanks a lot #ALPHA17 you've helped me build my pc throughout! Thanks! Ok so how is the Core 2 quads performance when compared to the i3? I know its old tech but it has 4 physical cores right? And i3 2100 equivalent core 2 quad must cost cheaper right? And I wont be using the integrated graphics on the i3. So wont a c2q be better?

nope

there is not even a single c2q available in the market which is priced below core i3

for eg.

http://www.flipkart....1d-21bdfc38f7ea

Intel is not in the habbit of reducing prices of their older components
<

if you really want to go with a quad core than you can go like this

core i5 2400 + asus h61=13500

core i3 + dh67blb3= 12500

so for just 1000 more you will get latest quad core
<

graphic switching function is available only in z68 chipset and cheapest and yet good z68 will cost you 7000 ie. biostar tz68k+

afaik it does not have

usb 3 (if you really require it)

sata 6 gbps(for ssd's)

2 more memory slots(useless i guess)

2 more memory slots(useless i guess)

Not very useless considering dual-channel makes a difference in heavy workloads, and the fact that OP gets control on how many DIMMs he wants to populate and what size RAM modules are available, most dual-DIMM boards are confined to 8GB memory capacity [8GB RAM modules are expensive and not worth it currently], while quad-DIMM slots boards have a cap of 16GB.

So there wont be a huge difference?

Ok i wont install rams over 8 gb. Ill get a 4gb first and then add another 4gb later. And if there is not big difference between 3gb/s transfer and 6gb/s transfer ill get the h61 chipset. Is there any other way to add usb 3.0? And can you suggest an okay,cheap h61 motherboard?I would also be hapyp if there are two pci-e slots so that I can run two gpu's in crossfire mode later in the future.

So there wont be a huge difference?

Ok i wont install rams over 8 gb. Ill get a 4gb first and then add another 4gb later. And if there is not big difference between 3gb/s transfer and 6gb/s transfer ill get the h61 chipset. Is there any other way to add usb 3.0? And can you suggest an okay,cheap h61 motherboard?I would also be hapyp if there are two pci-e slots so that I can run two gpu's in crossfire mode later in the future.

yep there will not will not be any huge difference

nope you can't add usb 3 later but it is small feature for u i guess

two gpu's at x8 x8 is not possible in below 10k motherboard

ASUS P8H61-M LX is a good mobo for ~ 3k

Back